What's new

Foam Brush Hoses

water guy

Reaction score
Is there a specific Foam Brush hose that Everyone uses that doesn't get Stiff near the handle?

MEP001

Reaction score
I use Continental Insta-Grip hose with push-lock barbs. The hose lasts so long that the bend restrictor ends up wearing out and breaking, at which point I cut the hose off the barb and put on a new bend restrictor and go another few years. It doesn't ever get stiff from cold or kink in the middle or wear through even though I make them a foot too long and they drag the floor when the brush is hung up.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I use Continental Insta-Grip hose with push-lock barbs. The hose lasts so long that the bend restrictor ends up wearing out and breaking, at which point I cut the hose off the barb and put on a new bend restrictor and go another few years. It doesn't ever get stiff from cold or kink in the middle or wear through even though I make them a foot too long and they drag the floor when the brush is hung up.
I went to these hoses after I saw you mention them a while back. Must be going on almost 2 years now. 100% satisfied.

wyatt

Reaction score
Do you not get leaks on the bottom end of the hose with push lock barbs? I feel like they wouldn't stand up to customer abuse?

MEP001

Reaction score
No, in fact I had to replace several of the booms because there was a stop to keep the boom from swinging more than 90°. Customers would pull so hard against the stop that it bent and even broke some of the booms, and none of the hoses ever leaked or broke. (I ended up cutting the stop off and the two booms would sometimes lay across one another on the same wall, but that was never a problem.)

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use wire Braid HP hose from KR. Swivels both ends for ease of Install and Hose Saver on one end. Wire Braid does not kink and stop the weep like more flexible ones will.

soapy

Reaction score
I like the coiled hose foam brush hose with 1\2 INCH reinforced clear hose for a band restrictor.