What's new

foam brush help

jlouis23603

Reaction score
Good Morning all,

I have a foam brush not working in one of my bays. Here's what I've done so far:

When the feature is selected in the bay I have 24v in the control box(where motor starter is) on wire terminal for the foam brush. However, the solenoid was not opening. I put a new solenoid on and still didn't correct the issue. I went to the bay and swapped the rotary switch. Still didn't fix the issue.

All other brushes are working fine as well as the flojet. If I remove solenoid the soap(no foam) flows to the brush. I didn't detect any leaks in the line. The solenoid is brand new and works fine on another bay as a test. All wire connections are tight. Also when the foam brush is selected I don't hear the flojet clicking like it should.

Is there anything else I should look for and I missing something? If more information is needed please let me know!
Thanks in advanced for any help!

chaz

Reaction score
Is wire loose at harness in bay or at main connection in office.
is relay loose
is filter clogged (though that normally would be issue on all bays
is brush clogged
is there a leak in line

jlouis23603

Reaction score
Is wire loose at harness in bay or at main connection in office.
is relay loose
is filter clogged (though that normally would be issue on all bays
is brush clogged
is there a leak in line
Hi chaz i've checked everything. All connections are tight no leaks. Other foam brushes work perfectly fine.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Have you tested for power at the actual solenoid coil?
Both 24v Hot & Neutral connections?

jlouis23603

Reaction score
Have you tested for power at the actual solenoid coil?
Both 24v Hot & Neutral connections?
Yes and I'm not getting power at the solenoid. So I replaced solenoid first. Then replace rotary switching thinking it wasn't getting signal from bay since I had 24v in at the terminal in the box

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Probe the 24v Hot connection on the subject coil & the 24v Neutral connection on a working coil.
If you read 24v, the neutral connection to the subject coil is open.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Yes and I'm not getting power at the solenoid. So I replaced solenoid first. Then replace rotary switching thinking it wasn't getting signal from bay since I had 24v in at the terminal in the box

If you have power coming out of the appropriate output on the rotary but not at the solenoid, you have a wiring issue between the two points.

chaz

Reaction score
Yeah….definitely electric related. Did u replace the solenoid valve only. Sounds like might be bad coil or loose connection at coil