What's new

Foam brush help

S276474

Reaction score
I have an annoying demon plaguing my foam brush system for my whole wash. I’m sure it’s something simple I’m just overlooking and overthinking. Of course it’s a problem that I can’t replicate and only occurs at random. Some days I will find my foam brush pump running as hard as it can go with no product moving, only air. Some days I will find my foam brush pump seemingly to be “gummed up” where the input psi is significantly higher than the output and no function in the bays.

A temporary fix to the problem seems to be playing with my air regulator coming into my pump. I can adjust it up or down and it seems to solve the issue temporarily. For example, when the pump seems to be gummed up, I turn the regulator up until it seems to “break free” and then it seems to work ok.

I’m pretty confident it is not my pump but at this point, I’m not ruling out anything.

My current setup is:

3/8” gravity feed to ARO PD01P pump for product

3/8” air line in to pump with regulator and gauge set at usually around 45 psi

3/8” product output from pump to solenoid manifold and then out to bays in 1/4” air line

3/8” air line with regulator feeds the air side solenoids and then out to bay on 1/4” air line.

Any help or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Randy

Reaction score
Simple fix. Get rid of the ARO pump!! 20 years ago we had ARO pumps and they were problematic, constantly having pump problems with them. Get a Flojet G57 pump.

MEP001

Reaction score
Some days I will find my foam brush pump running as hard as it can go with no product moving, only air.
That's usually caused by a restriction of the fluid supply to the pump. There may be a check valve between the pump and the tank - if there is, remove it as it serves no purpose.

The other issue is most likely the pump's shuttle valve sticking.

soapy

Reaction score
Check your inlet screen\ check valve. Common for foam brush soap to build algea

S276474

Reaction score
There is no check valve and the inlet screen is clean.

Jerry33

Reaction score
My guess is that there is something blocking the gravity feed in the inlet hose/ fitting. Have had that happen.