What's new

Foam brush handle holders

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I currently use the maxie brand holder from windtrax but they are all wearing out by the rubber piece. Where can I get the rubber only?
or what type of holder would you recommend instead

jimbeaux

Reaction score
I saw a wash that was using rubber from a tire. Seemed to work fine.

bmills

Reaction score
Repair or replacement for foam brush holders

I used to have those type holders until the deterioration became too much. Here in CO the sun plays a strong role. I tried using old conveyor belt that I fabricated to fit the holder and pop riveted in. It worked fine and lasted quite awhile.

I finally came across a holder made:) by D & S. It is essentially two solid rubber wheels facing one another, (like a baseball pitching machine), mounted to a bracket. The gap between the wheels has some spring to it and you push the foaming brush handle into the gap and the wheels spring together on the outside of the handle and capture it.

I have been using these for some years now with no problems.

Good luck

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I don't know if you have any farmer customers but the belt material from a hay roller would work nicely. You can probably buy it at a farm equipment store by the foot.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I used to have those type holders until the deterioration became too much. Here in CO the sun plays a strong role. I tried using old conveyor belt that I fabricated to fit the holder and pop riveted in. It worked fine and lasted quite awhile.

I finally came across a holder made:) by D & S. It is essentially two solid rubber wheels facing one another, (like a baseball pitching machine), mounted to a bracket. The gap between the wheels has some spring to it and you push the foaming brush handle into the gap and the wheels spring together on the outside of the handle and capture it.

I have been using these for some years now with no problems.

Good luck
Bill, I switched to those holder about 3 years ago and like them, but, the customer often puts the brush in with the bristles against the wall which deforms the bristles pretty badly. I'm trying to come up with a spacer that will keep the bristles away from the wall but still hold the pole. Let you know what I come up with.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
Problem solved

I used my dremil to grind off the old rivits and cut retangular pieces of clear low temperature pvc strip door material (that I just happened to have laying around) and rivited it back where the old ones were. It is actually thicker and more durable then when I first bought them.
It is also more pleasing to the eye being clear instead of black.

Sometimes all it takes is a little bit of improvising.

vinh

Reaction score
you can get them from jim coleman. They were cheap.

Dirtychuck

Reaction score
I've been using some simple vinyl coated "gripper clips" from Reid Supply to hold foam brush handles. I think it is part number GGT-5 and is about a buck and a half each.