What's new

Flu Clinic Article

Eric H

Reaction score
I am thinking about trying a drive thru flu clinic at my wash. I am looking for the article that has appeared in the trade mags over the past couple of years. I want to show them to the heath inspector (who happens to be friend of mine)so that he doesn't think the idea is as crazy as my wife thinks. I figure I need the OK from him before I can contact the local hospital to see if they are interested in doing this. I tried google and did a search at PC&D but the only link I found was dead.
Thanks, Eric

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
I have featured the drive-thru flu shot story several times, Eric.

Gimme an email address and I'll send you a PDF or two.

JJJ/SSCWN

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
... I should add:

It is NOT a "crazy idea" ... not at all. It was a brilliant concept initiated by Doug Reick in Manahawkin, New Jersey at his SS wash more than 15 years ago. It has been an incredibly successful, VERY popular annual event every year since. It has pulled many thousands of prospective, potential new customers thru his bays ... and it just keeps getting bigger every year. And, of course, the local Health Dept. and media heap a ton o' appreciation (and publicity/exposure!) on Doug for his "generous contribution to the community".

JJJ/SSCWN