What's new

Flowjet hoses

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have searched and searched and so far haven't found this in this forum. I'm having issues with my tire soap and presoak manifold feed hoses from the flowjet pumps leaking. The hoses swell a little, get hard within weeks and sometimes even blow off at the manifold hose barb. I'm currently using clear braided 1/2 I'd 200 psi hose. My flojets are set at 50 psi. Double clamps on the hoses at the manifold. They also have backflow valves at the manifold. Am I using the wrong hose? Different problem?

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
You might have a check valve above one of the booms that's bad or failing and allowing high pressure back into the hoses.

water guy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have searched and searched and so far haven't found this in this forum. I'm having issues with my tire soap and presoak manifold feed hoses from the flowjet pumps leaking. The hoses swell a little, get hard within weeks and sometimes even blow off at the manifold hose barb. I'm currently using clear braided 1/2 I'd 200 psi hose. My flojets are set at 50 psi. Double clamps on the hoses at the manifold. They also have backflow valves at the manifold. Am I using the wrong hose? Different problem?
Wow did you build this setup

Reaction score
Absolutely not, have been rebuilding it. I purchased it a couple months ago. Kinda a old picture that I posted above. Im trying to get rid of all of the problems and just making things work better for the customers and less maintenance for myself. Just put all of the foam brush foamers above the bays last week. Got rid of the 1/2 braided hose and ran the 1/4 poly. That worked 1000% better.

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
I'm a little surprised that the pump didn't blow apart or get ruined by the back pressure, seen that a few times.