What's new

floor switch

Mbalboni

Reaction score
I had to Counter sink it into concrete to stop cars from jumping rollers. then you won't have cars jumping rollers or building up momentum and rolling right past your cta's eithier

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
An alternative to cutting the concrete is to buy a couple of pieces of diamond plate as wide as the floor switch and a couple of feet long. Lay one on each side of the floor switch.

This shows the plate in front of the switch. I also put a plate under the switch since the floor was rough and that decreases the wear on the switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yToxbXhNVZw

BBE

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using just a bell cord?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using just a bell cord?
40 years ago. It was a maintenance headache. Don't know why. seemed to last a long time at the gas islands but not in the tunnel. Maybe in those days the solutions were not compatible with the rubber.

MEP001

Reaction score
The only time I've used that switch was on a D&S 5000 treadle which had a stop to keep the car from rolling forward off it.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I had to Counter sink it into concrete to stop cars from jumping rollers. then you won't have cars jumping rollers or building up momentum and rolling right past your cta's eithier
How did you go about doing that?