What's new

Floor heat issues/ Solutions

East side J

Reaction score
Ive been pressure testing lines in my floor heat system and it appears that the whole thing is compromised. Im curious if anyone out there has ran into this issue and what a potential solution could be. Ive considered doing an overlay. Basically running new heat lines on the existing concrete and, and pour over that?
Have also considered installing doors and using radiant heat??? I have a solid 3-4 months of below freezing conditions. Creative ideas welcome! thanks all!!!

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
I guess it depends upon what you mean by "appears the whole thing is compromised." What, specifically, is the problem?

Skyler

Reaction score
we Have used a product called hercules boiler sealer which stop the leak in our floor heat system . it was $9 a quart
which we used 3 quarts and ran the system normal and we stopped losing fluid.. The leak we were having was around 2 gallons a week.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
we Have used a product called hercules boiler sealer which stop the leak in our floor heat system . it was $9 a quart
which we used 3 quarts and ran the system normal and we stopped losing fluid.. The leak we were having was around 2 gallons a week.
Was this added to an all water system or is it compatible with antifreeze/gylcol?

Thanks,
Lighthouse

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Was this added to an all water system or is it compatible with antifreeze/gylcol?
lighthouse,
I've used Fix-A-Leak on glycol systems with good results...albeit temporary...as in one or two heating seasons.
One location required a dose every year. They got 6 more years of reliable operation.

When it finally doesn't fix the leak it's time for tearout or overpour, imho.

BTW, an all-water floor heat system is a recipe for disaster. Power failures don't seem to occur in warm weather, donchaknow?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Also going to add to the conversation...With the newer wall mount demand heaters, the heat exchanger has "Very Tiny" passage ways to get the efficiency. I wonder if "Fix-A-Leak" will block off or damage the heat exchanger in these heaters?