What's new

FloJet Size 5 GPM vs. 7 GPM

Sselby

Reaction score
Hello All,

I took over a 3 bay self serve about 8 months ago. I have the Ginsan Ultimate System that comes stock with 7 GPM FloJets. From what I’ve read, the Viton Diaphragm is the way to go on Presoak and tire cleaner and Santoprene can be used on FB and TF. My question is, do I need 7 GPM FloJets or can I get away with 5 GPM. Thanks!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
5gpm is plenty, I used to use the tiny (5100?) Flojets before the G57s were available on 4 bays. Having said that, if you have dry air a viton G57 flojet will last for years and doesn't move the mark on a P&L. Heck, a santoprene flojet will last on most SS-strength tire cleaners for multiple years.

Keno

Reaction score
...if you have dry air a viton G57 flojet will last for years...
Greg said it, but I'll highlight it...DRY AIR is super important and will be the biggest factor on how long a flojet lasts.

5GPM easily feeds our 6 bay washes on ant function.

Sselby

Reaction score
Greg said it, but I'll highlight it...DRY AIR is super important and will be the biggest factor on how long a flojet lasts.

5GPM easily feeds our 6 bay washes on ant function.
Thank you for the response. What are you guys doing to ensure dry air? I have air regulator/filter combos straight off the compressor and then again right before my low pressure system.

Keno

Reaction score
Auto drain on the main tank helps a lot. I have the same as you, filter after tank, before flojets, and the additional auto tank drain. I get dry air, even in super humid GA summers

Keno

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, upright compressor tank also plays a role. Along with making sure piping angles are correct to make sure condensed water in lines flow towards the filters and away from the process, whether that's flojets, solenoids, mac valves, or anything else that uses air.

Randy

Reaction score
I don't have any filters or dryers on my compressed air system. I've never had a problem with my one remaining Flojet pump. I drain my air compressor about once a month or when I remember to. When I do drain it I get maybe a quart of water out of the tank.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use Filters with auto drain as close as possible to the manifold feeding the Flo Jets. Except for FB , one G57 supplies 8 Bays. For FB I use 2 G57s each supplying 4 bays.

Sselby

Reaction score
I use Filters with auto drain as close as possible to the manifold feeding the Flo Jets. Except for FB , one G57 supplies 8 Bays. For FB I use 2 G57s each supplying 4 bays.
Thanks Earl, are you referring to the 5 GPM or 7GPM G57?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I’m not sure what plays into compressed air humidity but mine has always been bad. I get probably a cup a day out of the air compressor auto drain. This is inside a climate controlled equipment room. I used to utilize the two filter/dryer setup as mentioned and that helped, but was still getting less than a year out of flojets. About four years ago I bought an Istobal auto and they used the hydraflex chemical injection system that used SMC air cards. They were very sensitive to moisture in the air. To combat that I installed a refrigerated dryer and and have only replaced one flojet since then.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Small air dryers aren't that expensive and definitely worth putting in.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I was in a car wash that was for sale not to long ago and the flojet pumps said "Coca Cola" on the pump. Does anyone know what's up with that.