What's new

Flojet Question

Scotty

Reaction score
I had a Flojet G57 start stalling due to fluid entering the airline from a faulty check valve. Is the pump now toast or can I replace the check valve, blow out the air lines and carry on expecting a long useful life?

MEP001

Reaction score
You can rebuild the shuttle valve, but I don't try to repair them anymore. The kit is expensive and it's a lot of work, and it never wants to work right.

Scotty

Reaction score
Just to be clear, once it starts slowing down, eventually stopping and then running again (I‘m assuming that’s referred to as stalling) the pump is done?

MEP001

Reaction score
It could still have water in it or it's getting some with the air, but if you've cleared it out, no sign of water is coming out of the exhaust and it's still stalling it could be done or it could have a ruptured diaphragm. That will allow air through the pump instead of liquid pressure. I've taken them out of another old pump and gotten some life out of it in an emergency, but again I usually just replace it and don't worry about fixing it. There are three kits to do a rebuild, any two of them cost more than a new pump, and I usually can't see anything wrong with them when I take them apart so I don't know what to replace to assure they'll even work again, they're a pain to work on, and my time isn't worth possibly saving a few bucks on these so I toss them.

Scotty

Reaction score
MEP001, thank for your help, I’ve had them apart but never replaced any parts.…darn things have lasted years. This one might finally be going. Living in Canada the price is not so cheap but it is what it is.

Randy

Reaction score
I'd have to say your Flojet pump is history. I've never had much luck trying to repair them, we just toss them and put on a new one.