What's new

Flojet 5100 series

jeremy2overton

Reaction score
My foreman replaced two flow jet pumps yesterday, one on presoak and one on tire cleaner today.

Neither of the pumps are working at all in the bay.

We are getting air in the bay but no liquid.

We do not run dual lines to mix air with liquid.

We have a liquid only set up on both selections.

we have adjusted the pressure all the way down to 20 psi and up to 80 psi and seen no different result.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Turn air off to the pump and unhook the discharge side of the flow jet. Start adding air back to the pump and see if it's pumping.

Randy

Reaction score
Why are you using a 5100 pump on your Presoak and Tire cleaner? If your only getting air out of the pump then something is wrong since you don’t inject air into the Presoak or Tire Cleaner. We use a Procon pump on our Presoak and Tire system. Do you think it might have been the installer?

Keno

Reaction score
Sounds like your flojets maybe air locked. Is the incoming air clean and DRY?

Keno

Reaction score
Why are you using a 5100 pump on your Presoak and Tire cleaner? If your only getting air out of the pump then something is wrong since you don’t inject air into the Presoak or Tire Cleaner. We use a Procon pump on our Presoak and Tire system. Do you think it might have been the installer?
Both of our washes were setup to inject air into tire cleaner - which makes it look much better. So much better, that we are considering putting some air into the presoak also.

Randy

Reaction score
Both of our washes were setup to inject air into tire cleaner - which makes it look much better. So much better, that we are considering putting some air into the presoak also.
I run my Pre-soak at 125psi, injecting air is a little hard.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
We are getting air in the bay but no liquid.

We do not run dual lines to mix air with liquid.

We have a liquid only set up on both selections.

Yep - it’s opening up and there’s air coming out but it’s not picking up any liquid.
Well...this is confusing.
Since you have liquid only to the bay, where is the air coming from?

Keno

Reaction score
I run my Pre-soak at 125psi, injecting air is a little hard.
I would try this, but I'd presoak is on flojets, so would be a major project to convert to procon to run at 125psi

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My foreman replaced two flow jet pumps yesterday, one on presoak and one on tire cleaner today.

Neither of the pumps are working at all in the bay.

Have you pulled the hose off the pump where it exits the pump in the ER and see if Liquid comes out? Hav you tried changing the supply hose to make sure it is not sucking air thru some leak?

kentadel

Reaction score
Could your Foreman have put the inlet/outlet hoses on wrong? Also seems strange to replace 2 in a day's span...I wonder if there was another issue and the original flojets are ok.