What's new

flo jet pump wont stop

Rookie68

Reaction score
What causes a brand new flo jet pump to just blow out exhaust (excess) air almost continuosly ?
I was having problems with the old motor and pump setup for my pre soak.
Replaced it entirely.
New Solenoid block only on chemical side. , new flojet. etc.
I thought maybe I had the pressure too high but 60 psi on regulator before flojet and jumping from 40 to 60 with the pulses of air that are being released from flojet. My Presoak is going somewhere and it aint out the end of any of my guns. IE the bays are all in off position and yet my pre soak keeps calling for more solution and the pre mixed bucket gets consumed as the flojet continues to cycle on and off. Its enough to drive a man insane. I am terrified as I think I know what this might mean. Looking for a different answer.

Please dont hate on my jerry rigged setup here. I am doing what I can with what I have. Just trying to survive.
This was me mocking it up to see if it would work as I thought, not the finished product by any means.

I am starting to think I burnt a ton of time and money on removing the old electric motor and pump with pressure tank only to essentially end up right where I started.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
If a new Flojet is blowing air out the exhaust, it's bad.

If it's running fast and not moving product, it's bad, or it's plumbed backwards, or it's not getting fluid.

Rookie68

Reaction score
its running fast AND Moving product when it should not. That is the issue.

Randy

Reaction score
Are you getting water out the muffler on the pump?

Is the fluid level in your Presoak tank going down?

If the pump is pumping and the fluid level in the Presoak tank is dropping it has to be going somewhere.

Which side on the manifold panel is air and which side is chemical?

Is your wiring correct? Have you checked for any stray power with a voltmeter?

Rookie68

Reaction score
I dont see water coming out of pump.
Not sure where the muffler is.
yes the level is going down. i agree its going somewhere.
Which makes me think I have a leak in at least one of my presoak lines from equipment room out to bay. Otherwise... as you elude to where the hell is it going ? :)

I think my wiring is correct. I took a picture and created a diagram before removing anything.
not well versed with voltmeter so no. I have not done that.
Chemical solenoid is on the left and the Air is on the right.

Randy

Reaction score
The muffler is between the inlet and the outlet of the pump. It’s round and about on inch long.

You’ve got a leak somewhere. Start by checking all the lines going out to the bays, it’s pretty obvious when you see water pouring out of the ceiling or out of the gun. Or start by disconnecting the hoses at the manifold to see if you have any debris under the solenoid valve.

Here’s a video that you should watch to learn the basics of how to use a multi-meter. Go on YouTube and watch some of the videos on how to use a multi-meter, knowing how to use a multi-meter is a must if you own a car wash.

You can eliminate the regulator on the left side, you don’t need the regulator on the chemical side, the pressure to the manifold is regulated by the air pressure going to the Flojet pump. The regulator on the right is an old fluid type regulator, move the regulator from the left side and install it on the right side.

MEP001

Reaction score
I watched your movie. It's not running fast. It's not just blowing air out the exhaust. It's running properly and pumping fluid. It's most likely coming out in one of your bays. I can't help you because you can't communicate the problem and you disagree with offered solutions.

Good luck.

Rookie68

Reaction score
I watched your movie. It's not running fast. It's not just blowing air out the exhaust. It's running properly and pumping fluid. It's most likely coming out in one of your bays. I can't help you because you can't communicate the problem and you disagree with offered solutions.

Good luck.
Whoa. I agree that I cant communicate problem very well. I have not disagreed with anyone that I am aware of. I may not always be the quickest to respond but I try to take in everyones advice as most, if not all here know more than I in regards to car wash equipment and repair.

Undertaker II

Reaction score
With your high quality upside video it's tough to see anything. Lol. Start at the solenoid valves and see if it's leaking past one of them. Simple way is to remove each line individually after the solenoid and see if anything comes out. It's probably debris or worn valve causing your problem. Good luck.

MEP001

Reaction score
Start at the solenoid valves and see if it's leaking past one of them.
It's very obviouslyy leaking past one of the solenoids because the pump is pumping normally and there is pressure on the gauge. His previous issue hasn't been resolved so he isn't seeing soap coming out in a bay, it's just moving clear water.