What's new

Flo jet issue

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
I’m having issues with both my foam brush & tire clean. It seems like both Flo jets are getting air locked. It doesn’t seem to matter which bay when you select foam brush or tire clean the flo jet won’t start. If you mess with it move it around or take the air supply out and re insert it will work great in all bays but it seems like after it sits it will lock up again. I have a Jim Coleman power pack. I have attached pics. Could it be the check valve?? Little advice would be appreciated Also it’s seems like sometimes when you adjust the air supply regulator it will move the pressure setting on the product side to the exact same amount

Attachments

Keno

Reaction score
Is your compressed air driving the flojets clean and DRY? Very important, most air will cause issues, including air locked pumps. And flojets have to be mounted up right with the lines coming out of the bottom.

Flojets output pressure is directly tied to input air pressure

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
Is your compressed air driving the flojets clean and DRY? Very important, most air will cause issues, including air locked pumps. And flojets have to be mounted up right with the lines coming out of the bottom.

Flojets output pressure is directly tied to input air pressure
I do have the Flo jets mounted up right. The air to them is coming straight from the air compressor which I bleed off every day

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
As mentioned moisture in the air lines is the killer for flojets. I installed a refrigerated air dryer in my lines three years ago(due to another more expensive issue with an IBA) and I don't think I've had a Flojet go bad since. In line air filter and auto drains at the compressor help a lot. You can also build a moisture trap out of a Tee and and nipple pointing downward and put an electronic auto drain on it near the air input of your pumps. They sell inexpensive auto drains on amazon, about $25 each.

Etowah

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
As mentioned moisture in the air lines is the killer for flojets. I installed a refrigerated air dryer in my lines three years ago(due to another more expensive issue with an IBA) and I don't think I've had a Flojet go bad since. In line air filter and auto drains at the compressor help a lot. You can also build a moisture trap out of a Tee and and nipple pointing downward and put an electronic auto drain on it near the air input of your pumps. They sell inexpensive auto drains on amazon, about $25 each.
I added a Merlin filter from Harbor freight right at the main air compressor and also added another filter right before the flow jets so hopefully that may fix my problem, I may have already ruined the flow jets willhave to wait-and-see
Thanks for the help

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Another big difference you can make is resetting the on/off cycle of your air compressor. I have my 80 gallon compressor set to come on at 80psi and off at 100psi. Originally it was on at 100psi and off at 120-125psi...The air will not heat up and condensate as much at the lower pressure settings. I only have to drain my water seperator and tank about twice a year now...

traveler17

Reaction score
I added a Merlin filter from Harbor freight right at the main air compressor and also added another filter right before the flow jets so hopefully that may fix my problem, I may have already ruined the flow jets willhave to wait-and-see
Thanks for the help
Please keep us posted if it works. Been having the same issue as of late.