What's new

Flo-Jet 5100 Question

James.Ireland

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if a Flo-jet 5100 is supposed to push air through the product outlet side of the pump or just product (in this case soap)? My pump seems to be sending a lot of air with very little product and I’m thinking that means it’s time to replace it.

thanks in advance
James

Randy

Reaction score
James, you've got an air leak inside the pump. There shouldn't be any air coming out of the pump with the soap. I haven't seen anyone use a Flojet 5100 pump in years, we use the G57 or the G55.

James.Ireland

Reaction score
James, you've got an air leak inside the pump. There shouldn't be any air coming out of the pump with the soap. I haven't seen anyone use a Flojet 5100 pump in years, we use the G57 or the G55.
Thanks Randy. I'll look into the G57 or G55 pumps as a replacement. This wash was built in 1993 and belonged to my father, it's been shut down for 5 years and I'm just trying to get it up and running.

wrightwash

Reaction score
Thanks Randy. I'll look into the G57 or G55 pumps as a replacement. This wash was built in 1993 and belonged to my father, it's been shut down for 5 years and I'm just trying to get it up and running.
I had the same issue. My wash was running 3 5100s for low-pressure chemicals, I'm switching them over to G55/57 as they fail. The diaphragm is probably busted or cracked on your chemical side. I have a parts unit lying around if you want it, I can ship it to you. Also, the small o-rings on the shuttle are bad to break/deteriorate. If you get a standard Viton o-ring kit from a part store it's the -2 or smallest ring in the kit.

James.Ireland

Reaction score
Thank you for your offer. I’ll send you a PM.

The plan now is to rebuild one of the 5100s and buy two new G57s. I have 3 of the 5100 pumps in this 2 bay SS, one in the foaming brush system, one pumping soap to HP pump and one pumping wax to HP pump.

I found a 57 in the “parts graveyard” up in the loft and it looks good but there are a couple crusty o rings in it. I’m going to order a repair kit and rebuild that for a spare.

I’m thinking this building must have froze at one point, quite a few issues with it that could be explained by freeze/thaw expansion/contraction.
5BF08FE7-2821-48BC-8878-14684C081AA8.jpeg

MEP001

Reaction score
I found a 57 in the “parts graveyard” up in the loft and it looks good but there are a couple crusty o rings in it. I’m going to order a repair kit and rebuild that for a spare.
There are three kits for those to fully rebuild it. The Viton diaphragm kit and the shuttle valve kit are almost $80. FWIW I just replace them, and I recommend tightening the screws before installing.

James.Ireland

Reaction score
I ended up buying two G57s and replacing both of the units. Works like a champ now. Thanks for all the help. I took MEP001's advice and tightened the screws all up and drilled and tapped some holes in the bench to keep them looking tidy. The other units were just hanging by the hoses.

Flojet After.jpg