What's new

Fleet Account Pricing for IBA Razor Wash

WikiWash

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I don't have a lot of experience with this or what the fleet account market is like. I was wondering if you guys can help me out or give me some ideas what the going rates maybe or % discount off?

The neighboring town is looking to open a fleet account with us to wash 4 to maybe 8 police cruisers max a week. He was hinting that it would most likely be 4-6 cars/week. They would be interested in our bottom 2 price point packages. We have a $7 economy wash that does two passes of presoak, high pressure wash, and spot free rinse. The other wash goes for $10 which includes everything in the economy package plus undercarriage wash, clear coat protectant, and a blow dry.

My problem is I don't really know how much my cost per car is. Finding out chemical cost is easy just by doing volumetrics. Its hard to calculate water consumption bc I have a little tank above my pump stand that constantly fills. The other difficult part is how many kilowatts I'm using running a 25 hp pump motor and what the drive motors use. And also RO water consumption.

Anyway.....

At the volume they are guessing, what type of pricing should I offer for each wash package option?

chaz

Reaction score
I sell my prepaid cards to the nearby university PD for 20% discount with a minimum $100.00 spend. For control, the PD chooses to share one card. They told me expect about 10 washes a month....unless they are paying cash or credit card it’s been no where need that based on card refills.

copperglobe

Reaction score
My fleet discounts to police units is 30% off and I'm averaging about $800 in sales per month with the police. All other fleet accounts get 20% off.

WikiWash

Reaction score
My fleet discounts to police units is 30% off and I'm averaging about $800 in sales per month with the police. All other fleet accounts get 20% off.
Hey Copperglobe!

How many of their cars do you do per month? Do you do prepaid with a minimum purchase or just bill them monthly with the 30% discount?

copperglobe

Reaction score
Hey Copperglobe!

How many of their cars do you do per month? Do you do prepaid with a minimum purchase or just bill them monthly with the 30% discount?
They have 224 cars in one police force and other forces have much less. City vehicles, fire department and other misc vehicles are about 100 or so vehicles. They each have a fleet card that they swipe at the paystation or in the ss bays and they are then billed each month. WashGear is my equipment.

WikiWash

Reaction score
They have 224 cars in one police force and other forces have much less. City vehicles, fire department and other misc vehicles are about 100 or so vehicles. They each have a fleet card that they swipe at the paystation or in the ss bays and they are then billed each month. WashGear is my equipment.
Wow that's great Copperglobe!

copperglobe

Reaction score
Another thing I do with my police fleet accounts is that I encourage them to wash 24/7 and especially at night. I even encourage them to park at the wash to do their paperwork or whatever. I give them free vacuum tokens and free Little Tree air fresheners when they ask. The reason I give police 30% off instead of my normal 20% is that these cops are good people who don't get paid enough and are treated like garbage by the bad guys of the world. Four or five times a year I'll send an email to the chief to invite the police to bring in their private vehicles and we'll wash them free during a certain week. Spouses love this treatment and they love to hear and see that their spouse is appreciated for what they do.