What's new

Fleck Softener 2.0 vs 1.5 gpm refill flow control 1700 Brine Valve

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I wonder how important it is to match the exact original Fleck gpm refill flow control 1700 Brine Valve? In other words... I wonder if it would create a problem on our softener system if we replaced brine valves that said 1.5 on them with 2.0 ones. Would it just mean it would refill the brine tank a little bit faster?

Because of what appears to be on one of the online Fleck parts supplier's existing stock ... it appears that we can save some significant dollars ordering online & opting for the 2.0 vs the 1.5.

I wish there was someone local here in Bismarck,ND available who we could hire to correct our continuous water refill isolated to be coming from the Brine Valve ... like 2Biz wrote on a post awhile back ... saying that it turned out to be "worth it to hire a local Fleck Softener expert" The Twin Fleck softener system with one brine tank is over 15 years old so we are thinking it would be too risky to just assume that we can get by with just dis-assembling & cleaning the 2 brines vaves required.

Admittedly like dummies ... we probably wasted a huge amount of money on extra Morton Clean & Protect Pellets ... by procrastinating this specific correction of overflow caused by one or both of the two brine valves on our twin resin tank system.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Bearnies outta Fargo North Dakota
Thanks ... Good info to know. Travel time needed probably would not be ideal though. We ordered over $500 in pertinent parts for the twin Pentair-Flecks ... since they are 16 years old now that the Pentair-Fleck tech support superstar on Tuesday "over the phone" Andrew recommended that.

Replacing each brine valve & each injector assembly will be a lot smarter than wasting salt. After we get that urgent brine overflow problem solved then we will eventually get around to examining the timer-pins-cam gears to possibly save even more unnecessarily wasted Morton Clean & Protect Salt Pellets.