What's new

Flat Belt/ Belt Conveyor

Johnnyrod

Reaction score
Hello All! I have a AVW flat belt conveyor. Last week our track was "skipping" I was informed by AVW to "Flip" the track and sprockets. We replaced the sprockets with new ones and flipped the belt. After about 3k cars/ 1 week later we had the belt skipping again. Come to find out the new sprockets are worn...WHAT DO I DO??? A lot of downtime and very little help from AVW on diag. Anyone else have this issue? TIA

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Switch to STI belt. They have a a drop-in replacement for AVW belts.

patkelly1336

Reaction score
We have the AVW belt system same as you do. We had an issue where the entire driver side belt was sliding off the right side of the sprockets and we would have to shut down and manually align it back. We had to do this 4 or 5 times within a week until we finally were able to shut down and replace our entire belt system. New belt, new sprockets, and I believe we had to replace one of the shafts because it was bent slightly. We are running a 30HP motor on our belt as there is about a 3 degree upslope from start to finish. We are set at about 108 to 112 CPH and we have not had many issues since the belt and sprocket replacement