What's new

first data users. What does this mean?

cherokee235

Reaction score
Just got my October statement from First Data. There is a note at the bottom:

Effective January 31, 2017 merchants processing less than 1,000,000 Visa transactions annually and using 3rd party for POS application, terminal installation, and integration must must engage PCI Qualified integrator Reseller, (QIR professionals). PCI QIR

What the heck does this mean?

Last month they told me no more online use of Windows XP, so I have to get a new computer to get my statements.

This month it is the PCI QIR.

I've only been with them 2 months and the time I spend trying to decipher my statements and the Transarmor compliance is making me wonder it all this is really worth it. I spent less time taking quarters to the bank.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
It sounds like they want you to use a third party PCI compliance company. That company will audit your sysyem and run regular security compliance checks. I use a company called Trust Navigator. My CC processing company actually reduced my monthly fee to cover the cost.

MEP001

Reaction score
Trustwave will send you a questionnaire to answer that will let them determine if you're PCI compliant. I just had to fix a headache where someone decided to tell our merchant processor we were using a pin point of sale unit when it's just a dial-up swiper which isn't an issue, got charged $300 by MC through merchant processor for nothing.