What's new

Finally a credit card reader that accepts tap and chip cards

APW

Reaction score
Monex sent me a reader to test (which is actually made by Kiosoft) that accepts swipe, tap, and chip. It took a while but I have got it to working flawlessly on my Wash Select 2. All the customer will see is the actual wash amount they chose. No more of the "credit card hold" bull crap. It is super fast as well, whether using chip or tap to pay it is almost instant. I tried an expired card to see what would happen and it declined it immediately.

According to Monex their fees are going to be around 2%. I'm going to test it for about a month and see what the fees actually are and I will report back. If they are anywhere close to my fees with my cryptopay, I will be changing every single reader I have.

The back of the reader will require a little larger hole for the wires to pass through so I bought a spare door to play around with. I plan on mounting it and then switching out the whole door. If I see a good way to mount it on an existing door without taking the door off, I will let you know. Also I have ethernet ran to all my PayStations so I do not require a modem. If you do require a modem it's around $15 a month.
20230421_151602.jpg
20230421_151625.jpg

Blanco

Reaction score
Are you able to log in online? Im interested in knowing what the website is like and what you can/can not do. My Cryptopay website is great and easy to use but the swipers suck. My Nayax swipers are good but there website is terrible.

APW

Reaction score
Are you able to log in online? Im interested in knowing what the website is like and what you can/can not do. My Cryptopay website is great and easy to use but the swipers suck. My Nayax swipers are good but there website is terrible.
Good question. I have not looked, but I will and I will let you know.

OurTown

Reaction score
Are you able to remotely start a wash? I read a few months ago they were working on that. Did they say when the gift card/loyalty card feature would be out of beta testing? In the second photo is there a back cover to the unit that has been removed?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Pay stations are a different animal than a unit with "Count Up" For an exact purchase there is no reason for a hold other than the exact amount of the Purchase. Like a Gasoline Dispenser, Count up requires a hold because until the purchase is completed their is no way of knowing how much it will be. This is in place until the transaction is "Batched out" and processed.

APW

Reaction score
Are you able to remotely start a wash? I read a few months ago they were working on that. Did they say when the gift card/loyalty card feature would be out of beta testing? In the second photo is there a back cover to the unit that has been removed?
I'm not sure about the remote start feature. I will find out.

I didn't ask about gift card or loyalty cards as I don't need them, but I will ask.

There is no back cover that I know of. It has a rubber gasket around the perimeter of the reader so hopefully that will keep out any water.

Randy

Reaction score
What do they cost? Can you buy them directly from Kiosoft?

OurTown

Reaction score
We love Cryptopay's attendant cards to start and test vacs and bays. Is there a way to do that?

OurTown

Reaction score
I can't find any info on their app. Is the name of it customizable? What do they charge us operators for it? (I'm assuming it is not included unless they have big fees)

Roz

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the remote start feature. I will find out.

I didn't ask about gift card or loyalty cards as I don't need them, but I will ask.

There is no back cover that I know of. It has a rubber gasket around the perimeter of the reader so hopefully that will keep out any water.
So I had a long conversation with Monex before investing in CryptoPay Swipers and Tap for my bays a few months ago. We moved away from the DAN swipers in the bays. Asked all the above questions plus a few others. Based on the answers I concluded that they have a lot of potential in the future but are not ready for primetime. Too many things are going to be available at some unknown date in the future and the net costs seemed high even in comparison to WorldPay. Maybe they changed their fee structure but still come up short in comparison to the features we have with CryptoPay. Will be interested to see how fast they are able to catchup to CyrptoPay - when they do they will have a better mousetrap.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
APW, what is the purchasing procedure for a customer to buy a wash on the WSII with the Monex? Is it solely done through the Monex screen and their 'buttons' or do they also have to press the WS buttons?

If the wash goes out of service is the Monex disabled somehow so it doesn't continue to take payments?

Do you happen to have any wiring diagrams you could post? If this proves to be as good as you think it is, maybe I'll be able to figure out how to incorporate it into a Unitec Portal.

Thanks!

APW

Reaction score
APW, what is the purchasing procedure for a customer to buy a wash on the WSII with the Monex? Is it solely done through the Monex screen and their 'buttons' or do they also have to press the WS buttons?

If the wash goes out of service is the Monex disabled somehow so it doesn't continue to take payments?

Do you happen to have any wiring diagrams you could post? If this proves to be as good as you think it is, maybe I'll be able to figure out how to incorporate it into a Unitec Portal.

Thanks!
The customer has to select the wash and then pay with the reader or if they pay with the reader first, it puts the credit amount on the Unitec display and the customer has to then select the wash.

The reader would stilled be powered up and take payments if the wash was out of service. I would have to think on this to figure out a way to disable it.

I'll try and draw a diagram and post it.

celica

Reaction score
2% fee? I think not. Monex is a great hype company that doesn't pan out once you start digging into the details. Beware of their marketing verses reality. Of the 8 units i bought from them, 5 failed and needed to be replaced within 2 years. It makes me glad i sold the car wash.

APW

Reaction score
2% fee? I think not. Monex is a great hype company that doesn't pan out once you start digging into the details. Beware of their marketing verses reality. Of the 8 units i bought from them, 5 failed and needed to be replaced within 2 years. It makes me glad i sold the car wash.
Good to know. They are letting me test the reader as long as I want to before I commit. I should know in a month or so If it is for me or not.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score

Monex fees are running 7% for me and many headache to boot.

In another recent thread regarding Monex someone mentioned they were paying around 7%. Please keep us posted on your experience APW.

JohnF21

Reaction score
Hi there-I work for MONEXgroup and happy to address any concerns about fees. No reason why you should be paying 7%, please DM me with any questions should you have them.

MEP001

Reaction score
Hi there-I work for MONEXgroup and happy to address any concerns about fees. No reason why you should be paying 7%, please DM me with any questions should you have them.
I'm in the market for a CC system. Can you post some numbers here?