What's new

Fill in the blank: When I tell someone I own a self serve....

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
Fill in the blank: When I tell someone I own a self serve, the first thing they say is _____________________________________

BBE

Reaction score
tell them you own a carwash in general and the reaction is the extreme in either direction. Either they think you're filthy rich because "it's a cash business", or they think your stone broke and want to know what else you do on top of it, cuz..."a carwash?"

Last edited:

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
You mean, like the "quarter" car washes.

I usually reply with something like "Well the quarters are long gone, but yeah that's the type."

Randy

Reaction score
Many years ago when I first got into car wash I told a friend of mine what I was doing. His wife overheard us talking and told me how she and the public felt about car washes in general and it wasn’t very encouraging. Awhile back I was on a flight and the women sitting next to me asked me what kind of work do you. I told her I owned a car wash business, she laughed and said like those “squirter” car washes. I said yes it is, her reply was “Oh I never use those places” she laid her head back in the seat never said another word. The public’s perception of car washes is pretty low.