What's new

feedback on laserminder (for lasr 4000)

kempape

Reaction score
im thinking of buying this,,,, anyone feedback appreciated,,, btw-cost$1000,, my lasr is 8 years old.... tia kemp c

DavidM

Reaction score
We have been running the laserminder on our 4000 for over a year. If you have problems with arch impacts, especially on truck hitches this is the solution. When it runs into a hitch the trolley will reverse, then move the bridge towards the entrance and continue washing.

It requires keeping the nut at the top of the arm looser so that the arm can drop back down after it hits something and adding a bracket that locks the arm out of place in case of a shear pin break.

We have been happy with the upgrade. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

David

PEI

Reaction score
We have also had success with laserminder. It has greatly reduced our impact messages. I say buy it.

spcw

Reaction score
Laserminder for PDQ L4000

I am considering the laserminder option next week.....

Can anyone who has successfully deployed this upgrade tell me if they also had to deploy the Arch Cover Retrofit Kit to make the laserminder work ??

My distributor is tells me that to make the laserminder function....I need the Arch Cover Retrofit Kit ??

Thanks for the feedback...

tobaccofarmer

Reaction score
Just wanting to start this thread again and see how other operators are liking this update? I am thinking about buying another site with 4000 but would definetly want this added right away? Anybody have any more experience with this and or what they call laser net, which allows for remote sales reports/monitoring? Thanks.

PEI

Reaction score
I have had a lot of success with the Laserminder. I did not upgrade the arch however. Instead I had weight added at the bottom of the lower arch this allows the arch to come back down after it strikes a vehicle rather than keeping the Impact Switch engaged. I also had a small piece of Stainless welded to the block at the top of the lower arch, which serves to keep the lower arch from striking a vehicle if the sheer pin breaks on high pressure.

I was never able to get the LaserNet to work as advertised and after a year just gave up on it.:(

tobaccofarmer

Reaction score
When you say "you gave up on laser net" I mean couldnt PDQ get it to work? What was it supposed to do that it didnt? I really like having the hourly sales emailed to my phone on my G5 and would like to have this feature on a potential 4000 also. Please explain why you gave up on it?

PEI

Reaction score
When we first installed the LaserNet we followed the instructions, but we were not able to get it to work. We had our distributor come and try to get it working but they also had no luck. When we called PDQ we were told it was a problem with our ISP. We called our ISP and they claimed the problem was with the LaserNet. After several rounds of no one wanting to fix the problem, we went a different route. I don't doubt that the LaserNet works but we never got to see it.