What's new

Fed Ex Nightmare.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Fed Ex Nightmare.

Took 6 items to Fed Ex Pack and Ship. (DRB Relay Boards)

Spent hundreds of $ to Pack and ship in 5 boxes. ( Box Had 2 items)

First they only give me a receipt with 4 tracking numbers because they forgot one box. Immediately have them add 5th box. Items had stated value of $500 / Box. Shipment going from Skokie to Texas.

2 Days later fed Ex tries to return boxes t the shipping address and was told they were refused, and Driver was told to take them back and get them to Texas. (They made the round trip in 2 days???)

3 Boxes were delivered. Fed Ex says another was delivered but Recipient says unknown party signed for it.

Other box returned to Fed Ex Warehouse near shipper. Attempts to locate it were unsucesful and shipper notified officially deemed lost and to file a claim.

Claim Filed. Proof of payment -Cancelled check $500 / item provided.

Claim denied. Fed Ex Case # C-66998297 “Considered abandoned Freight”

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I hate to hear that. Standard Fedex still seems to work, but Fedex ground has become very unreliable. They have subcontractors operating the trucks that are completely hit and miss.

OurTown

Reaction score
They have subcontractors operating the trucks that are completely hit and miss.

Yep. About a year ago or so one backed into my custom made mailbox post and destroyed it, then just drove off. Tried many times to get the claim going and nothing. They constantly leave packages out on our retaining wall to get rained on and at risk of being possibly stolen instead of leaving them on our covered back patio. I have talked to the drivers several times and they still do it. They are the subcontractors for ground shipping. UPS has a note in their system for the driver to leave them on the back patio and they do every single time.
UPS #1
USPS #2
Fedex #SUCKS!

MEP001

Reaction score
I ordered a part from RockAuto, they showed it delivered, FedEx showed left on front porch, no package anywhere so I file a lost claim assuming it was stolen. RockAuto forwards to FedEx as a deep search, two or three weeks later they email me saying it's not in their system anywhere and there's nothing more they can do. Before I can get back to RockAuto to find out what I need to do next, the package shows up on my porch looking like it's been sitting in the sun for a month.

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
After 3 weeks of buying an item on ebay, told the seller the tracking number showed it has been stuck in Houston the whole time. He sends another replacement they both show up same day.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I never use FedEx anymore, to many problems with packages being delivered to the wrong address. Now I use US Priority mail mostly.
Randy has sent me a $hit ton of stuff US Priority. Never fails.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Posted on their FB site. Social media director contacted me and told me to call claims and got a phone # . Called and after being on hold and then giving rep I could hardly understand a spit ton of info he told me he would connect me to Claims Another short hold and finally got someone who seemed to know what they were doing - Time will tell.