What's new

Fax to Email/Online Service

ibspuds

Reaction score
I'm tired of recieving my nightly Hamilton ACW reports by fax, it waste both paper and ink. Has anyone switch over to an Email/Online service for their nightly reports? What service are you using? Likes/Dislikes?

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
I don't use it with a Hamilton, but i've been using efax for years and really like it. It converts my faxes to Adobe PDF and e-mails them to me.

Ron

MEP001

Reaction score
If you have a computer that stays on all the time, you can use a modem and receive them as a file.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I don't use it with a Hamilton, but i've been using efax for years and really like it. It converts my faxes to Adobe PDF and e-mails them to me.

Ron
Gentlemen,

I can also vouch for efax as being worthwhile. Probably more information (& not really pertinent to Hamilton ACW specifically) than some of my fellow forum members prefer but with our ATM we get pdf emails updating us continuously with a very reliable & understandable current table of the transactions --- without any extra charge.

MJ

bigleo48

Reaction score
My toll free service ringcentral.com gives me a toll free number, virtual pbx and internet fax for as low as $10/month http://www.ringcentral.com/plansandpricing.html

I use the toll free number and have it posted everywhere, have a bunch of extensions and schedules. So when you call and select the attendant, the cell it routes to depends on the time of day. 9-5 it goes to my attendant and if he doesn't answer, it goes to me, after hours to my cell. It also keeps track of all the numbers incoming and outgoing. It can simul ring (like ring the office and the cell simultaneously), etc.

Like having a full business phone system and have as little as a cell phone,

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I have used fax2mail for a few years but I have so little need for it now I stopped it. I think it was $8.95 a month

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
I use rapidfax. It is $9.95/month. You also get a free 800 number with it for people to fax to. I have used it for 4 years.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I too have switched to a virtual fax number for my Hamiltons. Rather than paying for an actual fax line, I now pay $10 a month and save on paper and more importantly ink. I first tried Ringcentral.com, but for some reason my ACW's would not connect successfully to the service. I would get faxes from other people but not my ACW's? I now use MyFax.com for $10 per month with great results.

I highly recommend switching to one of these services but I would suggest you thoroughly look into the pricing and test the service before committing. Most services will let you try it for 30 days at no cost. Each service has a similar, but different interface, some which you may not find convenient to use. You may also find, for whatever reason, your machine works better with one service over another. Pricing seemed to vary quite a bit as well. I have six ACW's reporting each night plus at least one monthly report for each machine a month, that's at least 200 faxes per month. My service has never cost me more than $10/mo, but some others will charge you per fax once you exceed a set number or some even charge you to store the faxes over a set amount of days. If I remember correctly, eFax seemed to be one of the pricey services.

Last edited:

zepher

Reaction score
I would highly recommend going with eFax. I have been using them for years and have never had any issues. You can have your incoming faxes delivered via PDF attachment to any e-mail address.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have been very happy with ringcentral. I did away with my fax line at home.