What's new

Facebook Pages for Car Washes?

wrightwash

Reaction score
My wife and I are considering setting up a Facebook page for our car wash. We both see some positives and some negatives with it. I wanted to ask and see what everyone's experience has been, is it a good form of marketing?

MEP001

Reaction score
Definitely good for marketing. You can pay to have your page displayed on other people's Facebook pages. A catchy profile picture makes a huge difference. People will like a page just for the profile pic, which gets seen by all their friends. No real negatives I'm aware of since any negative comments can be deleted by you.

wrightwash

Reaction score
Definitely good for marketing. You can pay to have your page displayed on other people's Facebook pages. A catchy profile picture makes a huge difference. People will like a page just for the profile pic, which gets seen by all their friends. No real negatives I'm aware of since any negative comments can be deleted by you.
Thank you!

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
We run a Facebook page for our carwash, and also one for our automotive workshop. We find that the FB pages are not "game changers" that suddenly cause a step-change in revenue, but they are certainly a good part of the overall marketing effort.

I'm not very good at keeping our FB posts regular, but some others are much better. I notice that https://www.facebook.com/ChampionsAutoWash seems particularly good.

bert79

Reaction score
We have a Facebook page and we use FB and Google to advertise. I would not own a car wash without one. Customers frequently contact me via FB messenger and I can respond promptly. Advertising with FB and Google is fairly inexpensive too. Facebook is a way to show that you are an engaged owner to people who visit your page. We have had 122 facebook page visits just this month. We are not currently running any ads on Facebook. This just shows me that people are checking us out on Facebook when they are considering where to wash their car.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
FWIW I'm much more concerned with being a presence on Google. Hundreds of people a month get directions to my wash just from people asking their phone "car wash near me."
That’s true but I really hate the reviews on Google. It seems we’ve had a string of ridiculously stupid comments which you can’t really do anything about. Supposedly our touchless wash has caused swirl marks, paint chips, and scratches. Believe it or not we also ‘ruined wheels and a custom paint job’ on a guys Aston Martin. Idiot dried his whole car with cheap paper towels that he dropped on the ground and also used to clean the brake dust off of his rims with. You can respond to the comments but you can’t post pics.

STXCW

Reaction score
That’s true but I really hate the reviews on Google. It seems we’ve had a string of ridiculously stupid comments which you can’t really do anything about. Supposedly our touchless wash has caused swirl marks, paint chips, and scratches. Believe it or not we also ‘ruined wheels and a custom paint job’ on a guys Aston Martin. Idiot dried his whole car with cheap paper towels that he dropped on the ground and also used to clean the brake dust off of his rims with. You can respond to the comments but you can’t post pics.
We have had disgruntled ex-employees go on and give us a 5 star review but then on the comment make some derogatory remarks that they try and mask with the 5 stars

Keeping up with both is almost a fulltime job on its own. Social media is mostly diarrhea of the mouth

CarwashOS

Reaction score
Reviews are a great way to advertise and become known in your area. It would be best if you were willing to manage them actively. Otherwise, it will get away from you. We have found that being as transparent as possible is the best. If you genuinely messed up, say it and apologize. If you didn't, call them out in a way that garners the trust of those who read it. Some people who post negative reviews tend never to post a positive review. The customers who post a negative review but don't have a history of posting negative reviews are pretty easy to turn around. Also, if I ever see a business that has lots of reviews, but they are only five-star reviews, then it's hard to believe the business is credible and looks like they are just buying reviews. Some negative reviews with solid responses build credibility in my mind.