What's new

Face Book

Flamingo

Reaction score
Just Curious if any of ya'll are using FB to promote your wash? Thinking about doin it, didn't know if it was a good thing or not

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My wife handles it. I send her pictures and ideas for promotions and she posts them.

Last week was a picture of all the tools I had to drag out to replace a bad photocell on an outdoor flood light.

I think the potential to offer specials/let folks know what is new/interesting is ther. But you have to put the time into it and build your 'friends' list up.

Andyjmyr

Attendant
Reaction score
In my opinion Facebook is a great way to promote anything to everyone. Just keep in mind that Facebook can also work against you, fast.

I'm apart of the age group that started with Facebook (24 years old). Facebook started out as a "college only" audience. It WAS great. A way for me to connect with my friends I missed in high school. Now, I could care less about having a profile. I got rid of mine. Toooooooooooooooo much of a social drama (in my opinion).

It just depends on how you're using it. The only way I can see it hurting you is if you were using it as a medium of communication (blog "what you're doing that instant".) and as a promotional tool. The two can't mix on facebook. I would save the blogging for a personal account.

However, because over 500 million people use Facebook, with over 50% of them logging in daily (http://www.facebook.com/press/info.php?statistics), you can benefit off that potential audience. If you're buy a college or university, I would promote student specials.

Another benefit to having a facebook account is the fact that you can just give people your account. This helps eliminate the www.whattheheckwasthatinternetaddress.??? com, org, net, biz, and so on....

packerscw

Reaction score
ive heard that its expensive to advertise with facebook. They charge you per click

pitzerwm

Reaction score
At the top of each tread, is a BookMark & Share Link, you can connect directly with Facebook and others there making it easy.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Facebook is a blast!!!!!! I have many REAL famous friends and I use it to promote my wife's comedy career and my friends bands. I also started a few pages to promote my side business.

Etowah