What's new

Fabreeze in fragramatics machine?

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried using Fabreeze in a fragramatics machine?
Is it a good seller?
I currently have pina colada, wild cherry and strawberry.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have it in one of our nine selections - it's one of the slowest movers, and I give twice as much time for it as any other fragrance. Vanilla is our second most popular with cherry being first and third (It's the only fragrance in two machines).

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
If I remember correctly Febreze will freeze. I wouldn't suggest using it in a fragrance machine during the winter months. We have always found that the Fragramatics New Car has been our most popular, followed by Wild Cherry and Vanilla.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
My Febreze story...

When P&G introduced Febreze they offered a "sample size" of about 2.5 oz. I bought two cases (12 per case) at my local chain grocery store for about $2.00 each and put them in my glass front vendor for $4 each. I sold out in 2 days! Needless to say, I went around town and scarfed up every case I could find. I went through about 10 cases before I ran all the stores out of stock. They've never appeared on the shelves again! :(

Now, I see Febreze-To-Go is being offered in 2.8 oz. spray bottles for about $2.75 retail. I would love to find a wholesale grocer that would sell them by the case for $2.00 or less!

Nothing in my vendor has ever come close to matching the Febreze's sales record.

MEP001

Reaction score
You could buy and fill your own bottles from the bulk refills. The little flat 4-oz. bottles are about 12? each.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I have seen the Fabreeze to go bottles as well and was looking to find a supplier. I think they would sell well in my glass front vendor.

bigleo48

Reaction score
What I would do for the Fragrance machines is have an option called 'Odor Remover' and use a Febreze knock-off (less than half the price of Febreze) and you can buy it in bulk format at Wal-Mart.

Don't forget to post "Fabric Only, NOT FOR USE on Plastic or Leather". And yes it is a seasonal thing as it does freeze.

BigLeo

MEP001

Reaction score
I use the real Febreze, I feel I "owe it" to the customers to give them something good if I'm going to charge a premium for it. Febreze still costs less than Fragramatics' oil-based fragrance ($12/gallon vs. $20 plus shipping for oil-based fragrance).

Febreze does contain up to 5% ethanol, so its freeze point is lower than that of water, just not by much. I'm more concerned about its flash point, which is 140?F - it gets hotter than that in my car on a summer day.

Sam's has started carrying the extra-strength Febreze again. For $9 you get a 32-oz and a 16-oz bottle.

Our Doyle combos are already labeled not to spray the fragrances on vinyl, plastic or leather, so that's covered. I just call it "Deodorizer" on the selector.

Etowah