What's new

Eyebrows

traveler17

Reaction score
I provide free prescrub buckets in front of my touchless IBAs. I would say half of the people who use the prescrub buckets just use it on the eyebrow area.
If you can elaborate I’d appreciate it. I have been thinking about doing the same. How long have you done this?? Is your wash manned?? Do you just fill it up and empty it daily? What kind of “scrubber” do you leave in the bucket? Any problems w people stealing what you leave out?? Thanks soapy for the input!!!

MEP001

Reaction score
Lots of people do it here. If you care about your customers and want to minimize damage they can do, get a grit trap for the bucket. I recommend signage that says "Only for windshields and grills" and/or "Rinse brush thoroughly before using" and/or "Not responsible for scratches." Most just use a nylon foam brush or scrubber brush on a pole. They will get stolen, but it isn't usually a big problem. If I had something like that out at my wash, it'd be gone in an hour. Some homeless people stole the lids off my dumpster last night.

traveler17

Reaction score
Lots of people do it here. If you care about your customers and want to minimize damage they can do, get a grit trap for the bucket. I recommend signage that says "Only for windshields and grills" and/or "Rinse brush thoroughly before using" and/or "Not responsible for scratches." Most just use a nylon foam brush or scrubber brush on a pole. They will get stolen, but it isn't usually a big problem. If I had something like that out at my wash, it'd be gone in an hour. Some homeless people stole the lids off my dumpster last night.
I think that’s the main reason I haven’t moved forward w it, due to theft. I watched an idiot 2 days ago pull the vac nozzle off the cuff and throw it in his trunk. I’ll probably try and see how it goes. Appreciate the advice

jubalr

Reaction score
My wash has always had a pre-wash barrel between my 2 IBAs. I keep the same long handle/hog hair brushes they use is SS bays. It's a 30gal chemical barrel I keep a good foaming soap in, with a dirt trap in the bottom. Depending and weather and car counts, I change out the soap every 2-3 days or when the water level is about 6" above the trap or when soap is no longer foaming. Have lost 1 brush in the last 3 years. I would say it used by about 10-15% of customers. They usually are scrubbing their wheels/bumpers. Site is not manned. Just replaced the equipment in both bays and getting a great clean on both sides. But I keep the barrel there as a service.

water guy

Reaction score
We have always left an old foam brush in a 30 gal drum with soapy water. Sometimes you get the ones that like to scrub there whole car with it.then get the cheap wash.But not many

washnshine

Reaction score
I used the same windshield scrubber/squeegee that you see at gas pump islands. Once in a while one would go missing, but they usually were there long enough to wear out. At about 3 bucks each, theft wasn't a concern.
I like that idea- it will most likely at least encourage people to only use it on windshields. I have no doubt some people go all the way down to the rocker panel with it, but hopefully would appear to be a “windshield cleaner” for most people.

MC3033

Reaction score
If you have the functionality and skill set I’d consider adding an applicator that only hits the windshield. Popular on express tunnels for bugs.

washnshine

Reaction score
If you have the functionality and skill set I’d consider adding an applicator that only hits the windshield. Popular on express tunnels for bugs.
They’re great, but in every wash I have ever seen them in, they assist in bug removal, but don’t do much for eyebrow removal. I think the general consensus on this thread is that eyebrows are a visible film (since it is on glass - it is more visible than paint because you look through it) that is hard to get off entirely touchfree - regardless of chemical, dwell etc., and some type of brushing might be the only way to eliminate it from windshields.

soapy

Reaction score
Prescrub buckets for 27 years. I think I was one of the first to do it. I use a WHeel wizard nylon brush which is about a 4 inch wide. I might loose 3 a year due to theft. I put a sign out that say to use on windshields and tire and wheels. I post do not use on paint just to keep a few folks from doing the whole car. I fill the buckets as needed and add some tire and wheel cleaner to it which is a brite green . I am not manned full time and it is up to the customer to prep their vehicle as they see fit.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I like yall's ideas. Im buying a busy site, 4/1, unattended. Site I currently have is 4/2 & also very busy, but 2 full time attendants. 1 of em is manager & fixes nearly everything.
Gonna be interesting on this new site. Gonna put in a new Razor, & crank up the AP Formulators Wash Master, & hope it cleans it. Current LW360 cleans well, w/ ChemQuest PS. But I need to greatly improve throughput.

Monte

Reaction score
My best time right now is 11cars/hr. Depends on packages, but that is the best I can do with my current programs. Is this typical washes/hr for you guys.
My setup;
LW360plus.... undercarriage wash...2step..HP rinse....trifoam....carnauba...final product...HP rinse...LP rinse....air
Thanks for any input

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
Most LW360 machines that I have setup are running around 4:00 for the top wash with all the options (not including an on board dry). I would be happy to look at your wash package configurations and make suggestions.

soonermajic

Reaction score
My LW360 has onbaord sryers, so that wastes time & can't be changed.

slash007

Reaction score
I washed my car at EZ Street yesterday and it had 3 presoak passes. Anyone else here do that? Car did come out clean. I mainly used it to check out SpectraRay, but he didn't even have them on. The 2 days I was in the area, I've seen a total of 1 car washing in the IBA's. SS was busy though.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i m in the process of installing a new razor my top two packages will have three and four presoak passes