What's new

Eyebrows

APW

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck getting them off with a touch free? And what actually causes an eyebrow? Acid rain? Right now I run low then high. If I up my acid I will have to up my alkaline to punch through the acid If I'm thinking about it correctly. Any ideas?

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
If I up my acid I will have to up my alkaline to punch through the acid If I'm thinking about it correctly. Any ideas?
This is correct thinking but I think you are going to spend more on chemicals and get about the same result. Eyebrow is absolutely the hardest thing to address with a TF.

I have seen eyebrow on some cars that is removed better with High PH. On others, low PH. I would recommend figuring out what works best for the eyebrow in your area before you adjust chemistry. Even then, your chance of fully removing it are low.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
One thing you could do to experiment is mix up small amounts various pre soaks in a garden sprayer and applying it to eyebrow, letting it dwell for 30 seconds and rinsing off with high pressure. See if you can find any solutions that are head and shoulders better than others.

washnshine

Reaction score
This is correct thinking but I think you are going to spend more on chemicals and get about the same result. Eyebrow is absolutely the hardest thing to address with a TF.

I have seen eyebrow on some cars that is removed better with High PH. On others, low PH. I would recommend figuring out what works best for the eyebrow in your area before you adjust chemistry. Even then, your chance of fully removing it are low.
Eyebrows get a lot of attention, but if there are eyebrows on the windshield , there is probably a film on most parts of the car. It is just easier to see when you look through glass. Same as when operators say their wash is leaving a film on dark ( or light) cars. It is leaving it on all cars - it is just more obvious on certain colors/shades.
If you are seeing film/dirt anywhere, your wash is not passing the white glove test and it is impacting all parts of the car - but some parts might be more evident when you look at it - like eyebrows.

traveler17

Reaction score
Eyebrows get a lot of attention, but if there are eyebrows on the windshield , there is probably a film on most parts of the car. It is just easier to see when you look through glass. Same as when operators say their wash is leaving a film on dark ( or light) cars. It is leaving it on all cars - it is just more obvious on certain colors/shades.
If you are seeing film/dirt anywhere, your wash is not passing the white glove test and it is impacting all parts of the car - but some parts might be more evident when you look at it - like eyebrows.
I have driven through countless touchless washes and have yet to have one get rid of the eyebrow let alone pass a white glove test. Wash in myrtle beach just put in 3 new razors and they don’t skimp as they are washing 300 a day and it didn’t do any better than my vector. Just prettier :) Not saying it can’t be done I’ve just never seen it. I would love to be able to get Mine to look like a friction.

washnshine

Reaction score
I have driven through countless touchless washes and have yet to have one get rid of the eyebrow let alone pass a white glove test. Wash in myrtle beach just put in 3 new razors and they don’t skimp as they are washing 300 a day and it didn’t do any better than my vector. Just prettier :) Not saying it can’t be done I’ve just never seen it. I would love to be able to get Mine to look like a friction.
It’s hard to find and might be impossible in some regions and especially during certain seasons - without resorting to use HF. The places that are doing it really have it dialed in for their location.

kentadel

Reaction score
SEVERE eyebrows( those stubborn ones that have been there for a while) are difficult even with a friction wash. We have had good luck with low ph 1st pass and also with bug off type chemicals in the past. We can make the sides, top, and windshield area where the wipers have covered look great with no film and still occasionally see an eyebrow. Went thru my friend's friction tunnel with my truck last week, chose his top wash at $21, and left with an eyebrow. He was upset his employees that wiped it off at the end didn't see and get it more so than his wash not getting it. Wiping it completely off required a lot of effort.

washnshine

Reaction score
SEVERE eyebrows( those stubborn ones that have been there for a while) are difficult even with a friction wash. We have had good luck with low ph 1st pass and also with bug off type chemicals in the past. We can make the sides, top, and windshield area where the wipers have covered look great with no film and still occasionally see an eyebrow. Went thru my friend's friction tunnel with my truck last week, chose his top wash at $21, and left with an eyebrow. He was upset his employees that wiped it off at the end didn't see and get it more so than his wash not getting it. Wiping it completely off required a lot of effort.
Must have been petty bad if wiping it required a lot of effort. I’ve never seen windshield eyebrow be that much of a challenge for friction. A friction machine may not get all the way to the corners, or down to the resting position of the wiper, but it generally removes what it does come in contact with - at least for me. Anything left is is usually a coverage issue- missing small recesses where material might not happen to touch.

Heavy bugs and break dust - yes that is a different story - they can require what I call some extra effort.

Last edited:

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I know where that site is myself that’s a wash everyone in the Carolinas has talked about for decades lol

traveler17

Reaction score
I know where that site is myself that’s a wash everyone in the Carolinas has talked about for decades lol
That place is unreal. First time I saw it I dropped my my wife off at the outlets and went and spent over an hour w the guy. I asked how much would it take to let it go and he said $$ 3 million :). All relative but if I had that kind of money I’d have bought it on the spot. 300 cpd plus the SS would cover your note :). Oh well I guess I can dream.

washnshine

Reaction score
That place is unreal. First time I saw it I dropped my my wife off at the outlets and went and spent over an hour w the guy. I asked how much would it take to let it go and he said $$ 3 million :). All relative but if I had that kind of money I’d have bought it on the spot. 300 cpd plus the SS would cover your note :). Oh well I guess I can dream.
Is there a website? I probably won’t be getting to the Carolinas anytime soon and would love to see it.

traveler17

Reaction score
Is there a website? I probably won’t be getting to the Carolinas anytime soon and would love to see it.
They have a FB page. It’s named EZ Street Carwash. Shared property in front of a Walmart , next to a gas station and across the street from the outlets. I was down there again a few months ago and they dropped in 3 new razors and didn’t raise there price a dollar. Pretty spectacular

washnshine

Reaction score
They have a FB page. It’s named EZ Street Carwash. Shared property in front of a Walmart , next to a gas station and across the street from the outlets. I was down there again a few months ago and they dropped in 3 new razors and didn’t raise there price a dollar. Pretty spectacular
Thanks!

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I would be nervous to have it now a little. They throwing up tunnels at Myrtle Beach like dollar generals from what I hear & remember, soon gonna be over built with them if not already when the economy does a check up.

slash007

Reaction score
I've driven through that wash several times and was always jealous of the location. With Walmart and the outlets there, they have plenty of traffic to stay busy.

traveler17

Reaction score
I would be nervous to have it now a little. They throwing up tunnels at Myrtle Beach like dollar generals from what I hear & remember, soon gonna be over built with them if not already when the economy does a check up.
lol that’s a great analogy. Dollar generals are everywhere :) I think they have so much traffic it won’t matter. I asked him if they were tied in w the gas station and he laughed. He said I’m not giving them a dollar when they’re gonna pull here anyway

traveler17

Reaction score
I've driven through that wash several times and was always jealous of the location. With Walmart and the outlets there, they have plenty of traffic to stay busy.
I can’t see that place ever getting slow