What's new

Exterior Mounting Question?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I bought these lights for the car wash. I am looking for some suggestions as to how I could mount them to my concrete block columns. Here is a picture of basically what I'm mounting them to. I want to run along the top of the awning which will be simple. I figured for that, I would just drill a few small holes and use some UV resistant zip ties to keep it nice and straight on the awning. For the columns, I want to stay underneath the caps and keep everything looking good and uniform, so I don't just want to haphazardly pull the rope light around the column. Anyone have any mounting ideas to help keep a good, tight look while mounting around the columns?

Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
There are zip ties with a mounting tab that I use for that sort of thing. It's important to use black ones outdoors, which are UV resistant.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Not really sure if this helps but my Dad's neon is attached with a glass riser mounted on a metal base screwed into whatever. Then the neon is attached to that via a wire. I might be able to find a close up picture if you think it would help?

http://cwguy.com/?p=873

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to drill in some nylon inserts and then use the UV resistant zip ties with the mounting tabs to make it somewhat easier to remove if necessary. I will post some pics of the lights once I get them done!