What's new

Extending hose life

Scottomaticwash

Reaction score
With the cost of everything going up do the short wip hoses at top of boom extend the life of your longer hoses when swivel is put between?

MEP001

Reaction score
It's more about extending the life of the swivel at the top of the hose. The sideways pulling on a swivel directly in the boom wears it out faster. My hoses always break at the gun.

Scottomaticwash

Reaction score
It's more about extending the life of the swivel at the top of the hose. The sideways pulling on a swivel directly in the boom wears it out faster. My hoses always break at the gun.
Im more concerned about extending the life of the hose

wrightwash

Reaction score
Curious on this too, my hoses "drag" on the concrete and eventually wear down to the wires. I've tried spiral wrap but it doesn't help much.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Use a shorter hose that won't touch the concrete
But a shorter hose doesn't reach front bumpers on a tall van, long truck or to the mat holders... My bays are 10' tall, 28' deep, 18' wide. I used to use 14' hoses, but customers complained a lot! Now, I use 15' long hoses. While they drag on the ground, my customers are happier! I've had good success with using plastic spiral hose guards to prolong their life.

MEP001

Reaction score
10' is a pretty short bay. IMO they should be no less than 12. I use 13' hoses on a 12' tall bay and it only comes down to about my knee, but I can get around my 22' long service van very easily. I don't like to leave the hose any longer than necessary so it's harder for people to wash stuff outside the bay.

I've seen a bunch of 3/4" or 1" sections of PVC pipe, about 6" long, dropped over the hose to keep it from wearing on the ground. I don't like how it looks, but it's cheap and lasts.

Last edited:

wrightwash

Reaction score
But a shorter hose doesn't reach front bumpers on a tall van, long truck or to the mat holders... My bays are 10' tall, 28' deep, 18' wide. I used to use 14' hoses, but customers complained a lot! Now, I use 15' long hoses. While they drag on the ground, my customers are happier! I've had good success with using plastic spiral hose guards to prolong their life.
I too have 10' bays. I'm using 15' hoses and they last about a year-ish.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Spend the money
Buy Mosmatic comfort hose
I wash a lot of cars
Mine are just over 3 years old
Look almost new

Randy

Reaction score
If you want to extend the life of the HP hoses flip them around about every 6 months or so.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Can you get them in longer lengths? My hoses are 20' long.