What's new

Express tunnel car count North Carolina

getnbusy

Reaction score
How many cars are ya'll washing ?? I have a dealer telling me 5-6000 cars per month. I know 2 operators telling me 3-4000 cars per month. I dont know who to believe. Im in North Carolina

boywonder

Reaction score
Ill tell you what you want to hear if you pay me the money to do so.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Thanks Bob. Im wanting to wash at least 3500. I would be very happy with 4-5000. My career has been in self serve and in bay autos. My town is covered up with touch free in bays not doing jack anymore, and a dilapidated full serve tunnel. I am considering a 65-75' mini express. There is no friction machine in my town at all. The reason im lookin at the connector road is b/c there is no land left on the main drag. Those lots are all covered with fast food and banks and stuff. The site im looking at is in sight of the stoplight, and is in between a very nice strip mall and a new construction. price is right too from a comp perspective

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Some years ago, I read an article where Paul Fazio, Jr. said something to the effect of I’m only looking to get more than my fair share.

Someone might say that sounds pretty greedy. I say it sounds great if you are employee or stakeholder of Sonny’s.

In other words, if there is opportunity to become dominant in a market, don’t take a subordinate position (i.e. mini tunnel).

What happens if “dilapidated full serve tunnel” becomes express?