What's new

Experience with charcoal filters anyone?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
For our future dog wash, we bought online a Can Filter 9000 charcoal filter (from a fly by night outfit) that is about 24" by 6" diameter. We are trying to figure out a straight forward way to mount it. We also have a Hydrofarm Active 1/33 HP blower fan that supposedly is made for that particular filter.

Anybody have any experience with a similar type of charcoal filter that can be used with air? I have read that the dog wash disinfectant kills most of the odor causing bacteria from the residual stinky hair etc. but as a precaution we decided to set this up also.

THINK REALLY REALLY HARD! ----sorry for the caps Bill.

I can't back out of my PLC driven dog wash project--- I am in too deep at this point!!!

bigleo48

Reaction score
MJ,

I have had a pet wash for almost four years now and I don't have a charcoal filter. I have also removed the tub disinfectant option. I have a sprayer can and spray the room daily. No smells...no bacteria.

Hope this helps...

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Bigleo,

We are hoping to make it so our pet vacs drain their water when they are in off position. We figure that the water could fill the 3 HP hang up wet dry vac a lot faster than the hair. Based on your experience, does this make sense for saving emptying time or is that a non issue?