What's new

Evolution dog wash

Deanwash

Reaction score
I’m considering this unit in an extra self serve bay in a high end demographic area. Is this considered the top of the line unit in quality? Any issues with the machine?

chaz

Reaction score
I’m not at all familiar with today’s dog washes.

When we built several years ago....we ended out not going with a dog wash bay. They basically need cleaning/sanitizing after each dog ...unlike a s/s bay that can be washed down (for the most part) once or twice a day. Plus you mentioned you are in a high end area...are these folks gonna want to bathe their own dogs? Just my thoughts.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's a good looking unit, but that means nothing as far as build quality or reliability. I haven't seen one in person.

Most of the operators around here who put dog wash in a slow self-serve bay pulled it back out after a couple years. Aside from under-performing, they had the same issues as chaz mentioned, they have to be cleaned after almost every customer or people will walk right back out when they see it. I saw a video clip of someone drying a samoyed with an air dryer in a pet wash, and the whole room was full of white fluff. There's also the issue with PetSmart offering their facilities for a flat $10 which includes all cleaning supplies and towels, and it's indoors.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
The Evolutions are focused also to high end apartment-condominium complexes ... often including the units as free from what I have gathered. My new credit card accepting car wash competition now has five of the Evolution Stations. I am sure glad that we went the extra length to make our two custom made dog wash stalls (some of KleenRite's & Trent's Nat'l Pride Technology though) with adjustable height capabilities & walk by them enough to keep them clean as needed. All our communication with the customers (signage etc) cajoles them to not leave a mess for the customer coming in after them. Replace your golf divots ... if you will ... mentality??? Our 20 second free "minty smell" tub disinfectant does help make it more likely.

The almost brand new competition does have more choice locations than us ... so we have to give our customers extra incentive to maybe drive right by our competition going a wee bit farther to come our specific destination! I fear adding CC acceptance IMHO would be a "yawn" when it comes to potentially helping since the competition already has that "form over substance" advantage.

There is a very popular groomers almost right across the street from us & a zillion of them in our area along with two mobile dog spa units & a PetSmart that advertise heavy so we get what MEP001 says about that potential competition.

Last edited: