What's new

Etowah Valley timer count up mode issue

kentadel

Reaction score
I have a bay that count up mode stops at my coin time, $4.50. In setup mode I am supposed to enter none on 2nd card time to activate count up, which I did. Max time is $20. After swiping card and count up mode starts, timer displays "stops at $4.50". Any suggestions?
Thanks

Eric H

Reaction score
Are all of the functions from the rotary switch attached to the timer? I’ve had incidents where a loose wire or damaged circuit board will make the timer think the rotary switch is in the stop position.
For example, customer switches knob to Tire Cleaner and the function works but the signal isngetting to the timer. The display doesn’t scroll “Tire Cleaner” and it isn’t announced over the speaker.
If the timer doesn’t get a signal from the rotary switch it thinks the rotary switch is on “Stop”. There is no wire from the switch to the timer for Stop.
it is difficult to explain. Let me know if you need more clarification

kentadel

Reaction score
Thanks Eric. I did look at that and everything works and reads/ voice correctly. It definitely does think stop has been triggered so it is shutting off. I may try switching the position switch and will look over the wiring again. Thanks again for your response.