What's new

Etowah Valley No Sound

sparkey

Reaction score
I am having trouble with one of my Etoway Valley meter boxes. The sound stopped working. I have already replaced the speaker and checked the wiring, reset power, so I know its none of the typical problems. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I had this problem before I tore into for several hours and it ended up being the connection was loose where it plugs into the board. I would double-check that...other than that, no problems here.

ibspuds

Reaction score
Ditto to Bubbles Galore, I had the same problem. Take a small pocket screwdriver and push the speaker connector on through the wire slot opening, this will save you from removing the see through access panel.

mac

Reaction score
Also had this, and it turned out to be one of the circuit boards. If you do the above check and still no sound, start swapping out the boards with a working box. It's easy to get confused which board you are changing, so mark them. With mine it was the board second in from the front, right behind the display board.

kentadel

Reaction score
Ditto with the other replies. Check the little green square connector and make sure it is pushed firmly onto circuit board. Have also had the wire pull out of this square.