What's new

Etowah Valley 2536 Error?!?

captain cw

Reaction score
I have more and more people using mine in the self serve bays. I think it takes time to build up. As of yesterday afternoon I'm getting rings instead of busy signal. Keeping my fingers crossed. I can't afford to loose another weekend in my automatic.

soapy

Reaction score
One thing that I have done in the past is to turn the power off to the timer when I see the light blinking indicating the modem is on. This will normally reset the modem so the next person can use the credit card function. In extreme cases I open up the timer and unplug the power wires off of the back of the timer. Then I pull each board apart and put them back to gether and re power up. THis seems to help when the modem gets locked on.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
As of last night, everything appeared to be running well. Is that the case for most everyone else?

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Yes, I am processing credit cards again. Problem is, I was told that the timer would store all the transactions and start processing them when the lines cleared up. Not the case. All the swipes that gave washes over the last week and a half, that could not reach BluePay, must be gone. I am going to give it a couple days to see what the volume is, but I'm pretty sure we are just out. I swiped 2 personal cards Friday morning, and they still have not posted any transaction. I spoke with Jim this afternoon, and it seems that everyone else is processing cards now also. I am going to email Amanda in a couple days and demand that at the very least, they do not charge me any processing fees this month. I am also going to let her know that she will be losing my account as soon as Jim gets his timers updated, if they do not make this right with everyone. I urge everyone to email Amanda and demand the same as it will help us all out. I estimate that I lost $300-$400 over this deal.

Lighthouse.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I'm with you Lighthouse. I agree that at the very least they need to absorb the fees from both July and August. In my opinion this is one of the only things they can do to make it right.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I'm going to email Amanda and let her know that how she handles this problem may go a long way in retaining customers. If Jim gets the software upgrade completed and mailed out, everyone is going to be jumping ship. If BluePay makes it right with us, and they are competitive with other merchants I would think about staying as I like their web interface. But if I get shrugged off, I'm gone. I would like to have everyone chime in with a reply, so we could at least get an idea of how many customers this affected. Any other thoughts on how it should be handled? I'm open to suggestions.

Lighthouse.

Kirb

Reaction score
Lighthouse,
I was having issues in the SS bay and had to refund over charged customers and in the auto in didn't charge for all the washes. Not sure how many customers this affected but business was down 30%. My biggest issue was that Amanda or Jim didn't email or call to let us know the issue and we had to give away free washes till we found out on ourselves the system was down.

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Just had to meet a guy at the wash. He washed here Monday. The system billed him 130.00. My cut-off is price is 12.00. He was surprisingly cool with it, considering he had to run to his bank to shuffle money around to keep from incurring overdraft charges. he couldn't wait for the credit process on his card (which took four days last time) so I paid him cash and had him sign a receipt. I'm gonna call and see if I can get the merchant fees waived on that out of principle. This is the second time this has happened to me, the first time was in February. Anyone else having similar problems? Between this and the first of the year problem many here had I'm not the happiest customer. I hope they can get something resolved soon.