What's new

Etowah Valley 2536 Error?!?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Is anyone out there having serious with their bluepay system checks (at erratic times and such) and extremely long credit and debit card approvals/batching using the Etowah Valley System?

I don’t know if it’s related to some of the other issues I am having, but I have my dog wash shut down because every time coin/cash/visa were used, the timer would blink a light in the bottom left hand corner and then display 25.36. The functions could still be used, but the timer never moved from the 25.36 and stayed on indefinitely.

I need to get this fixed asap since I have a commercial being shot there tomorrow and if I cancel, I lose my deposit!

Can anyone out there shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Kirb

Reaction score
Bubbles,
I haven’t seen 2536 error, but in the last couple of weeks I am also having system checks through out the day instead of just at night, long approvals times, and also higher charges on customers cards. I think bluepay may be having some issues. I disabled the credit cards at wash till this gets fixed.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Spoke with Jim via e-mail. Yes bluepay is having issues but they hope to have them resolved today.

As for the 2536 error, it is a corrupted processor...d#mn it!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
What is the best way to isolate stray voltage? I am getting 1.3 volts when I check my neutral to my faceplate on the meter box. Jim believes that some of this stray voltage is what may have fried my timer.

I'm not an electrician and don't claim to be one, but my connection points are pretty solid here and I can figure out why I am seeing this stray voltage. Is it potentially back feeding through my mercury relays?

Help!

pitzerwm

Reaction score
One thing to look at is to physically ground all metal boxes. Especially in old buildings.

Etowah

captain cw

Reaction score
Glad to hear. I thought my credit cards this week were acting weird. Thanks for the updates.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
What is the best way to isolate stray voltage? I am getting 1.3 volts when I check my neutral to my faceplate on the meter box. Jim believes that some of this stray voltage is what may have fried my timer.

I'm not an electrician and don't claim to be one, but my connection points are pretty solid here and I can figure out why I am seeing this stray voltage. Is it potentially back feeding through my mercury relays?

Help!
Bubbles,

I don't know if this will help but hospitals with their sensitive equipment tend to use isolated grounds. You have to run a separate ground rod in wet moist earth separate from the ground that comes into your building if I remember right. If you have more than one panel ---- grounding loops can happen --- especially if the electricians overlook certain details.

It will be interesting how you come out on this problem & what the best solution will be.

MJ

sparkey

Reaction score

Help!
Is the neutral on your 24VAC transformer grounded? You may have a floating ground.

MEP001

Reaction score
Dilling/Harris equipment shouldn't have a grounded "common" because there really isn't one. 240V AC (Two legs of 120V) goes into the transformer and 24V AC (two legs of 12V) comes out. The stray voltage you're reading just means the box isn't grounded, and as far as operational needs it shouldn't have to be grounded. The important reading is the voltage itself.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Sparkey hit it right on the nose. Once I grounded my nuetral, it all went to zero when I checked the common to ground.

Mep, I did this install myself and it's only 120V going into the transformer.

I'm still going to run a separate ground line from the back of the box just to be safe. Lord knows I don't want to blow another chipset.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
My system checks have been all over the map the last few days also. I am also seeing transactions over my configured maximum charge. I don't know what's going on, but I think BluePay will be getting a call tomorrow to figure it all out.

Lighthouse.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I emailed Amanda last night and got a reply this morning. BluePay was not getting all the transactions for some reason. They believed that there was noise on some of their phone lines, but ATT can't find anything wrong going into their building. As for the system checks, she says that they only get what comes from the meters. The system checks are generated by the timers and not something that is pulled from BluePay. I find if odd that there is more than one of us having the same issue at the same time. I grounded my system good when I installed them, and have never had any problems with it in almost a year. I'm going to the wash now and check all the ground voltages, and power cycle each meter. I wander if Jim is pushing some update or doing something on the software side that we don't know about.

Lighthouse.

captain cw

Reaction score
I think I'm still having the same problem. I use Bluepay in my auto cashier also. I approve credit cards when they are swiped and then authorize them after the wash has already been armed, to move them through quicker. That being the case, I lost a lot of money this weekend and gave a lot of free washes away, because the cards never got through to Bluepay. I ran my debit card this morning, bought an $8 wash and checked a little bit ago. No sign of my transaction. Only one transaction showing up today around noon. I'm going to have to disable my credit cards if this does not get resolved soon. I'm guessing I've already lost around $400. Can't afford any more.

sparkey

Reaction score
My system checks have always said "declined" when I look at my bluepay. Is this normal?

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Well same problem today. 14 system checks and some of them were up to 3 minutes and 50 seconds. This is going to kill my phone bill this month. Guess it's time to call Jim and start gettin in someones rear to get a resolution. I had 2 credit card transactions today and both were at around 6 PM. Wash was busy today when I was over there so I'm sure someone else used a credit card before 6. Wander if I gave away free washes, or they just declined the card. BluePay pretty much blew me off and said that it was the meters fault, not theirs. Anyone else still seeing problems or am I the only one now?

Lighthouse.

captain cw

Reaction score
Until around lunch time, the number that my timers call was busy every time I called it. There was no way my timers could clear any transactions. Then around lunch time I started getting rings instead of busy. Seems to be working now. I'll be watching it closely.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Well I personally tested my dog wash last night and one of my bays and neither transaction showed up...Lighthouse, I'm going to defer to you and wait until you post the results of your conversation (please post as soon as you have information) with Jim. I am not real happy if I am giving away free car washes to every Tom, Dick, and Harry in my town. I really like Jim's system, but this sh*t has got to end.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Bubbles, I am going to have both of my kids today and probably won't be able to make it to the car wash until late this afternoon. I think someone needs to call Jim and BluePay and test some card swipes to see what is going on. I would be glad to be the one to do it, but I am not sure at what point I will be able to do it today.

Lighthouse

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I just sent Amanda another email with details from everyone's posts here. I also copied Jim on the email. I suggested that Jim, Amanda, and someone get together on the phone and swipe some cards and see what happens. I don't know of any other way to verify it. They should be able to immediately see the swipes and approvals. Maybe they just aren't getting posted to our accounts for some reason. I'll update when I hear something.

Lighthouse.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Reply from Amanda:

Yes there is a problem.

Bluepay has tested our system; AT&T tested the phone lines and we show no
issues.

What appears to be happening is that the many system checks redialing in
are causing the system to be "busy". Some transactions are getting through,
however, not all.

We process data that is received by our system. If we cannot receive it for
some reason we cannot process the transactions.

We are working with Etowah Valley in troubleshooting this problem. I will email
you when it is resolved. - Amanda

Amanda Luebke

I guess I'm on the way to the car wash to pull the phone lines for the credit cards. They don't seem as concerned about it as I am. That's the problem with only having one option for a merchant account. Wish Jim would allow us to use other options.

Lighthouse

Etowah