What's new

Error message 403 (Forbidden)

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have been trying to check on lodging for this years convention in Vegas. I use the online booking systems to compare rooms and prices at my leisure. Whenever I try to book or check rates at Mirage in particular, I get the messsage "Internet explorer can't display page". I click on the details and get the 403 message as the reason. Other MGM properties produced the same result. No problem with competitors Venetian and Treasure Island. Mirage was no help since no one else has this trouble. I got out my laptop and can access the booking system like everyone else, so that makes me think it is a setting within my computer, but have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me? I'm pretty helpless with this stuff, so use small words and basic english.

BTW, it is IE9, Windows Vista

Buzzie8

Reaction score
You can clear out your cache in Explorer first. It should be under preferences or tools or something like that. If that doesn't work you might not have the correct plug-in for something on the website. Really, IE is probably the worst browser anyway. You should download Google Chrome or Firefox, you will most likely prefer their browsers better than IE after using them for a while.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
If "clearing my cache" means deleting temporary internet files, I did that, but nothing else. That was a big deal for me, so I'm not attempting to download something else when it should work with what I have. I'm on my mom's computer right now. It has Firefox and I don't like it as well. I wouldn't know how to do it anyway.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
IE9 is an antique. It isn't up to snuff to access a lot of web pages.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
There are several things you may want to try.

IE tool bar has an icon for compatibility view. Place your mouse pointer over the icon and left double click to change the position of the switch. Then try visiting the site that denied you access.

With Vista, you may want to download IE version 8, it seems to work better than IE9.

Chrome is also a good choice.

JustaGuy

Reaction score
IE9 is an antique. It isn't up to snuff to access a lot of web pages.
Why do you say IE 9 is an antique? IE 9 is the current version of IE for Windows 7 and Vista, so unless you are running Windows 8, which comes with IE 10, you can't get anything newer. Are you thinking of IE 6 perhaps?