What's new

Error 16 on rowe change machine

U.P. SUDZ

Reaction score
I have a rowe century C-2 change machine that no matter what size bill 1, 5 ,10 or 20. It will give me correct change but then flip to out of service mode with error-16. I have changed the LED light but I still the same error.

karen batten

Banned
Reaction score
Experiencing an "Out-of-Service" mode with error code 16 on your Rowe Century C-2 change machine after successfully providing the correct change for various bill denominations is a perplexing issue. Despite changing the LED light, the persistence of the error suggests a deeper underlying problem.

Error code 16 typically indicates a communication or sensor-related issue within the change machine's internal components. It's possible that a sensor responsible for detecting successful bill acceptance or a communication link between components is malfunctioning.

Consider checking the bill acceptor and its associated sensors. Ensure that they are clean, free of debris, and functioning correctly. Faulty sensors can misinterpret bill transactions, triggering an error and placing the machine into an "Out-of-Service" state.

Additionally, inspect the wiring and connections between the bill acceptor, control board, and other critical components. Loose or damaged connections could disrupt the communication signals, leading to unexpected errors.

If the issue persists, it may be prudent to consult the machine's technical manual for specific troubleshooting steps related to error code 16. If the problem remains unresolved, seeking assistance from a professional technician experienced in Rowe Century C-2 change machines can help diagnose and rectify the issue, ensuring smooth and error-free operation.