What's new

Erie/Hog Hair Brushes - Customers abusing brush

Etowah

RAAOO7

Reaction score
So many customers abuse our hog hair brushes, they use it on their rims, floor mats, push too hard etc. I have a separate wheel brush but alot of customers just use the foam brush for it. These brushes are getting expensive and the abuse is not stopping.

Any different brush material you can recommend that wont fatigue so quickly?

washnshine

Reaction score
So many customers abuse our hog hair brushes, they use it on their rims, floor mats, push too hard etc. I have a separate wheel brush but alot of customers just use the foam brush for it. These brushes are getting expensive and the abuse is not stopping.

Hogs hair are the best - soft hold tons of soap and cover the car really well. There is always the traditional nylon / but not my favorite material. I think there is a synthetic hogs hair that might be somewhere between the nylon and the real boars hair. I have not tried them, though.

KFPanda

Reaction score
I'm running 3 bays nylon, 3 hogs hair. Doesn't stop truck people from abusing the hogs hair brushes completely but it helps.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
That was why I liked the Wobblehead handles. Reduced people trying to use FB as a Brush for the Pickup beds. Sadly the later generation of Wobblehead handles did not last long so I stopped using them.

OurTown

Reaction score
So many customers abuse our hog hair brushes, they use it on their rims, floor mats, push too hard etc.

How is this abuse? Are you saying they use it turned off?

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score

Do you have enough foaming soap coming out of the HH brushes? The lubricity should help preserve the brushes. If they're using the brushes dry, I would suggest switching to nylon brushes.

Reaction score
That was why I liked the Wobblehead handles. Reduced people trying to use FB as a Brush for the Pickup beds. Sadly the later generation of Wobblehead handles did not last long so I stopped using them.
How did the wobble head used to work? And it seems like they coming out with a third generation of them now, WashTec (Mark Vii) Sells them under the name Flexibrush as an option Instead of the normal foaming brush Lance

The Europeans use a high flow Style of system Which runs off the high-pressure pump and a small injector to mix and create foam

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Wobblehead seemed the same if not identical except it worked with the low pressure . There was a small piston inside where the handle met the head. Itwas spring loaded. The pressure made the Piston move forward into the flexible part making it rigid. I think I gave up on the second Generation units that failed after a few months. I see KR now sells a 3.0 unit for $120.64 but if they only l;ast a few months it's not worth it.

Reaction score
Do you know if anybody has had the 3.0 version that way you can ask them to see how long it lasts, either that I’m sure someone will Chime in here

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use only nylon brushes in my bays. I also use them on my broomsticks to hand wash vehicles for our detail shop. If they're good enough on the nicest vehicles going through our detail shop then they're good enough for the car wash customers.

The nylon wears much better and has a much better value. your toothbrush is plastic bristled right? I think the whole hog's hair brush thing is way overrated and I think it's some thing only the car wash owners care about. My customers wash anything and everything with that foamy brush And there's no way I will spend a premium price on an animal hair brush only to see it abused by customers. I like to keep my stress level lower than that.