What's new

Equipment Room Heater

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well my 45k BTU Reznor Heater in my ER decided to give up on life last night, just curious what everybody here has for a ER heater, is Moline Hot Dawg Heaters a good brand?.

Scrub Free

Reaction score
Mr. Heater F260550 Big Maxx MHU50NG Natural Gas Unit Heater
Got this from Amazon 2 months ago came with propane adapt. Easy to install so far so good.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I use a 24 foot single tube radiant heater in ER and a 30,000 btu wall unit as back up never an issue.

OurTown

Reaction score
We have a gas infrared heater with a millivolt thermostat that requires no electric so we have heat if the power goes out.

Roz

Reaction score
We are looking at a Hot Dawg 60K BTU system for our ER. Our commercial plumber is bullish on them.

Scrub Free

Reaction score
There are numerous brands of these wall mounted heaters. I have them in all of my eq. rooms. I don't know why I kept fixing those stupid overhead heaters for years.

I'm a bit short on wall space but great idea! I will keep these in mind for the future.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
There are numerous brands of these wall mounted heaters. I have them in all of my eq. rooms. I don't know why I kept fixing those stupid overhead heaters for years.

I'm a bit short on wall space but great idea! I will keep these in mind for the future.
I have one in each of my four washes, one in my garage at home, and one in my basement. I guess you could say I'm a believer in them.

DiamondWash

Reaction score

Randy

Reaction score
We use a 4500 watt Electric ceiling heater, it's been hanging there for over 30 years, it still heats up the equipment room nice and toastie. We only time we turn it on is when we are in the equipment room. I'm considering installing a Mr. Heater Vent-Free 30,000 BTU Radiant Natural Gas Heater, but I can't seem to find one locally. I put one of these in my brother in laws new garage in Kenai Alaska https://www.supplyhouse.com/Cadet-RCP502S-The-Hot-One-Garage-Shop-Heater-Red-240V-5000W it works fine.

Officer

Reaction score
Interesting. It's $279 without Blower and $229 with the blower. Did you get the blower?
I didn’t. The reviews weren’t as good. Also, on Mr. Heater's website, they only sell one unit that's 30,000k btu and it says blower sold separately. Not sure why the price difference.

Last edited:

Roz

Reaction score
Price of $159 found on amazon too. Just make certain unit is new and not refurbished.

Officer

Reaction score
I'm curious though, the one for 229 is the same at the one I got for 279. Seeing if seller will refund the difference. If not, I'll return for the cheaper on. Thanks Earl for directing me back to Amazon.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I'm curious though, the one for 229 is the same at the one I got for 279. Seeing if seller will refund the difference. If not, I'll return for the cheaper on. Thanks Earl for directing me back to Amazon.
Are you $hitting me! You’re going to take out the one you have just installed and send it back if they don’t refund you the difference between the 2 heaters. Those 2 heaters have different part numbers and are different heaters, one is made for use inside a home and the other is made to be used a garage. You should have probably done a little more homework before you bought the first heater. My time is worth more than the $50 difference to uninstall a heater I just installed and send it back.

Officer

Reaction score
Are you $hitting me! You’re going to take out the one you have just installed and send it back if they don’t refund you the difference between the 2 heaters. Those 2 heaters have different part numbers and are different heaters, one is made for use inside a home and the other is made to be used a garage. You should have probably done a little more homework before you bought the first heater. My time is worth more than the $50 difference to uninstall a heater I just installed and send it back.
Calm down Kevin, lol. I did my research, but please point me to where you differentiated between the two; one being for a garage and one for residential.

Roz

Reaction score
FYI dept. I spoke with my installer. While the Mr. Heater would get the job done two things to keep in mind. Have a CO2 alarm nearby as you can get CO2 for the units. Not a given just possible especially in a closed room. Second if you use a winter blend of chemicals (ie they contain some type of anti-freeze) they are potentially flammable. If you use the Mr. Heater noted below the open flame is a potential hazard.

We are taking the safe (long term view) route for a few dollars more with a 30,000 BTU Hot Dawg that is self-contained (no flame) to reduce any risk of contact with the chemicals or any vapors.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/Modine-...ral-Gas-Separated-Combustion-Heater-30000-BTU