What's new

Equipment room for 4 Bays

carwash_nashville

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently in the process of planning for a 4 bay with automatics, and I have a question regarding the placement of the equipment room.

Does the location of the equipment room matter when planning for a 4 bay with automatics? For instance, if the equipment room is placed on the far left or right side, could this potentially have an impact on the performance of the bays located on the opposite end of the room?

I am curious to hear your thoughts and experiences on this matter. Have any of you faced similar concerns when planning for your facilities? If so, how did you address these issues?

Any insights or advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance for your time and contributions to this discussion.

Thanks.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I prefer the equipment room between the automatics and self serve. This shortens the travel distance of products in the high pressure line and keeps SS customers from having to walk through the auto line to get to the changer or vending. Chnagerover time shouldn't be an issue in a four bay set up that way.

MEP001

Reaction score
The equipment room should definitely be adjacent to the auto bay, and the auto bay should be opposite the self serve bays. Four bays is about as far as I'd go, although my wash has the ER on one end of six bays. The chnagerover time is pretty bad on the farthest two bays.