What's new

Entry Mirror

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Tried the large overhead mirrors an was never happy with them.

For proper clearance the bottom has to be 8' high and if it close to the entrance the customers strain to look up and see the hood of the car but not the tire. Some specs reccoment it be 20' from the entrance for a good sight line. That means the image is like looking 40'.

Have now gone with the convex mirror. It's about 8' in from the entrance with the top about 6' high and about 3' over to the side. Tried one for a while and liked it so much I have now gotten one at the other locations as well. Lots cheaper than the overhead as well.

buda

Reaction score
Earl we had excellent results with the large mirror. Never had any clearance problems and once you could get the "self-reliant" customers to see it and see what it does they were quite willing to use it.

Bud Abraham

Watchout1976

Reaction score

For proper clearance the bottom has to be 8' high and if it close to the entrance the customers strain to look up and see the hood of the car but not the tire. Some specs reccoment it be 20' from the entrance for a good sight line. That means the image is like looking 40'.

Have now gone with the convex mirror. It's about 8' in from the entrance with the top about 6' high and about 3' over to the side. Tried one for a while and liked it so much I have now gotten one at the other locations as well. Lots cheaper than the overhead as well.

I am aware this an old thread. But from time to time especially in this industry we have tendencies to revisit things. Just doing some makeovers and would like it if you could share a photo.