What's new

EMV Credit Card compliance by April 2021

Allan

Reaction score
EMV compliant is important, if a customer disputes a charge and you were not EMV compliment, a fine of up to $1000 plus the chargeback fee, and amount the transaction will be pulled or billed to your account. I have a good processor who keeps emv compliment with POS terminals and good rates and zero credit card process fee options for transactions.

wash12

Reaction score
I concur with Carwashking, Wish there was an answer from Cryptopay. I just installed their swipers and am thinking of upgrading to the new Commander but would like to keep everything the same as opposed to getting another processor.
What is the Commander is that by crypto pay?

Zal

Reaction score
Also note that Hamilton can update the older cashiers to be compliant and accept tap as well

Zal

Reaction score
This is a quote from Hamilton Rep "Expat" further up this thread

I do not see any reference to the ACW but it seems Gold line and HTK will be covered.

Yep! We use the iUC285 by Ingenico, which is a 3-in-1 reader (chip, tap, swipe). It mounts directly into the existing bolt holes on the HTK and GL, so you don't need to do any quirky drilling or cutting. Processing is through Worldpay.

Right now, it can only process chip and mag but Worldpay is making a software update for us in January (I believe) to enable tap.

Roz

Reaction score
The installation process from mag to EMV on a GL is fairly easy. Hamilton’s step by step instructions are excellent. Do note that you will need to provide them the model/serial number. You will need Ver3 of the GL controller and voice module (an additional purchase if your equipment is an older generation). I suspect they will make the EMV available for purchase sometime in Q1.

Reactions: Zal