What's new

Employee giving time on Meters??????

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Hello guys I have seen other people struggle with this issue across the industry and I may or may not have this problem but deep down inside I think he is giving time away to freinds, family, hot girls ECT and getting reimbursed for it on my dime... I have told my clean up guy if he is caught he will be fired on the spot if I catch him Giving time away on the Meters. I currently have Dixmor LED7s. How could you prevent this if he has his own remote for washing down bays. I know I could instail toggle switches on the pumpstand but I like it on the remote bc it times out at 4 mins even if he forgets to turn off the toggle switches and the pump cooks itself overnight (I have had this happen at a different location). Any suggestions I am open too I have never seen anyone ask about this on here. I do not have internet/Cryptopay or mercurypay at this site to have a employee card.

Randy

Reaction score
I took the remote away from my clean up guy for that very reason, I thought that he was giving away time. He has marked tokens that he uses to clean up the bays that give him enough time per token to clean up the bay. We count the tokens every time we pull coins, 3 times a week. If there are a large number of clean up tokens in the coin vault he's going to have to explain why and we check the video. He knows that we watch the video.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you have good reason to suspect a thief is working for you, do what you have to to catch him and fire him. If he's a thief, he's a thief and will figure out how to steal.

You can track the cycles of the manual washdown so if you think he's using more time than he should to clean bays, you have more evidence.

You could install a washdown key switch on the bay doors. If I were wanting to watch for someone giving away time, I'd wire the key switch through a relay to also turn on a light in the ER for a camera to pick up, that way you wouldn't need to watch video of him all day, just the time when the light is on.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Hello guys I have seen other people struggle with this issue across the industry and I may or may not have this problem but deep down inside I think he is giving time away to freinds, family, hot girls ECT and getting reimbursed for it on my dime... I have told my clean up guy if he is caught he will be fired on the spot if I catch him Giving time away on the Meters. I currently have Dixmor LED7s. How could you prevent this if he has his own remote for washing down bays. I know I could instail toggle switches on the pumpstand but I like it on the remote bc it times out at 4 mins even if he forgets to turn off the toggle switches and the pump cooks itself overnight (I have had this happen at a different location). Any suggestions I am open too I have never seen anyone ask about this on here. I do not have internet/Cryptopay or mercurypay at this site to have a employee card.
The LED7 has a reading in the inventory labeled "Manual" that is the total number of times the washdown has been used since reset. I would think it should only be used a couple of times a day per bay, at most.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
The LED7 has a reading in the inventory labeled "Manual" that is the total number of times the washdown has been used since reset. I would think it should only be used a couple of times a day per bay, at most.
Dan I didn't know this thank you sir

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
If you have good reason to suspect a thief is working for you, do what you have to to catch him and fire him. If he's a thief, he's a thief and will figure out how to steal.

You can track the cycles of the manual washdown so if you think he's using more time than he should to clean bays, you have more evidence.

You could install a washdown key switch on the bay doors. If I were wanting to watch for someone giving away time, I'd wire the key switch through a relay to also turn on a light in the ER for a camera to pick up, that way you wouldn't need to watch video of him all day, just the time when the light is on.
Dammm that's on another level thank you

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You might employ the help of a 'secret shopper' and if he takes the bait he's caught.

In my experience, once you suspect, it's been happening awhile and the relationship is nearing the end.

mac

Reaction score
Whatever happens, if he is caught file a police report and see if he can be arrested. Most police have a dollar amount to hit before it becomes a felony. If so tell them you suspect he has been doing it for years. Nail the ba$tard.

eckert16

Reaction score
Trust your instincts ... the folks here provide 'golden nuggets' that come from years of experience.

slash007

Reaction score
I have Cryptopay and give my attendants wash down cards. Then you can see all the usage online. I know you don't have that installed, but it's another incentive to do so if you ever considered it. I also have Coinless and some attendants use that instead. Also trackable and you just add $ to their account as needed.

mac

Reaction score
Let's see if my poor addled brain is understanding this. Dan K. says the technology is already there. Won't cost you a dime to see it. Mep says just add a relay, a light, relay base, a switch, and wiring. Then when watching this all day you can see when it's on. I used to fire and throw techs off the job if they suggested adding more stuff with no real advantage.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score

who sells a bay washdown key switch without adding credit cards i like the idea but seems a bit overkill