What's new

electronic vendors and tokens

washnut

Reaction score
Just a quick question for those of you that use electronic vendors. Do you allow your tokens to be deposited in your vendor at the same value as cash.If so do you still give a discount for cash to token conversion with your changer, in other terms bonus tokens.

The issue for me is the ever rising cost of vending items as well as shipping, need to make a price adjustment going into next year and trying to find out where best to achieve it.

Thanks

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We accept our dollar tokens in every piece of machinery on our site, seeing that we only dispense dollar tokens. We also accept quarters and dollar coins. We do not discount our tokens what so ever. If you put a twenty dollar bill in our changer, you get twenty dollar tokens.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I have a shurvend and 10 electronic drop shelf vendors. Yes I give 23 tokens for a $20 bill, 11 for a $10.
I think about phasing that out for the same reason you mention, plus inflation in general. But I think most of the customers who break a $10 or $20 are my better customers, and I think most of those tokens go into the bays & vacs, so I expect I'll continue giving that discount.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
The guys that spend the big bucks are the best customers, and maybe a discount is justified. Most put paper in the vendor,and i only get 10 tokens a week. The next problem will be price increases-- with more $1.25 items -- then two tokens will get you 3 quarters back. So they can get cash for free tokens.
I hear from many customers that like the discount, so it's here to stay. Maybe time for vending price increases. Air fresheners have been $1 for at least 10 years .

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nixing the volume discount for tokens is a bad idea, IMO. Try making extra somewhere else.

Whale is right; people who drop a $10 or a $20 are the ones you want to keep.

I think enough tokens fall between seats and consoles to make tokens worthwhile and a volume discount justified.

I take tokens in everything and I give a discount. I sell 5 for $4 in my shurvend and it's very popular. Takes the sting out of raising wash prices if customer is savvy enough to realize there's a free token when they spend just $4.