What's new

Electronic control unit issue

kdriver

Reaction score
So here's my issue maybe you guys can help. I have a 4 Bay self serve and one of my control units only works when the temperature is above about 34. When it drops below that it either flashes on and off or doesn't work at all.

kdriver

Reaction score
No heaters in the ceiling of the bays just floor heaters. They are ethanol that runs through a boiler type.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think there is a bit of confusion here. The box pictured is what we normally call the coin meter box, or just meter box. I think Dan was wanting to know if there is a heater inside the meter box.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I think there is a bit of confusion here. The box pictured is what we normally call the coin meter box, or just meter box. I think Dan was wanting to know if there is a heater inside the meter box.
I should have clarified. In the meterbox is correct. Many times they are placed on or near the coin acceptor to fight ice buildup.

kdriver

Reaction score
There's no heaters in the meter box I think. I'll post a pic of inside here in 1 moment

Etowah

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
It appears that you have a TimeMaster timer in there. I would be suspect of that first, but that's just because they are not all that reliable. I'm not saying the timer is for sure the issue, but if you do replace it, the Dixmor LED-5 (maybe 6) is a drop-in replacement and much better all around. What's the purpose of the two lights on the door?

MEP001

Reaction score
Just a guess here, there could be an issue with the weep. I believe this is CustomKraft equipment, which runs low pressure stuff off the high pressure pump, so there may also be a weep solenoid on each bay's pump that's engaged by a thermostat, and that solenoid's coil or wiring is creating a dead short. That's the only reason I can think of why the timer would start doing what it's doing at exactly 34°.