What's new

electrical sos

washnut

Reaction score
I have a six bay JC equipment wash.today three of my six bays all on the top of the pump rack, bays 1 2 3 switched pump motor rotation and are going backwards ? bottom three are fine.
I had the city come out to verify there side of power all checked out OK, I had suspected that maybe a stinger leg was moved but apparently not.
Specs, 20 amp 3 phase with a stinger leg any ideas would be helpful. Electrician coming tomorrow thought i could get some thoughts first.

MEP001

Reaction score
Is it 3-phase? If you swap two legs of electric to a 3-phase motor it will reverse the direction, but I don't see how it could be the incoming electric or all the pumps would have reversed.

sparkey

Reaction score
Did you check to see if you still have all three phases? I have seen motors loose a leg and reverse if they dont have much load on them.

washnut

Reaction score
yes it is a three phase panel and pumps. We have done NO electrical repairs recently this why i assumed that the city may have done some repairs and switched a leg on me but that does not appear to have happened and as pointed out then all pumps would have reversed.I am baffled.