What's new

Electric meter stolen a couple of nights ago

topherbyb

Reaction score
New to forum. I live in Texas and never seen storm like this in whole lifetime. Everything has been frozen solid for 10 days but is starting to thaw. I came here because I will probably need input for anticipated problems. We have 2 washes, each with 6 self serve bays and automatic. We have a reliable contract mechanic and a couple of part time attendants. We had an electric meter stolen from back of one in nicer part of town. Electric company replaced and had electric running same day my sister in law reported. Fortunately we aired out lines before this. Anyway, they are older washes we bought in last couple of years and i'm guessing we have a few more problems when we survey tomorrow. I just wanted to introduce myself and saw the crime thread and realized I could at least make a contribution. I just started laughing when she told me the electric meter was stolen- I suspect it's meth related somehow...

Eric H

Reaction score
I wonder what a person would do with a stolen electric meter?

Welcome to the business. Get ready to see things happen that you never considered a possibility.

G WASH

Reaction score
The utility co. probably removed theirs for jumpering and now they are back running on yours...back in the day you could flip yhrm upside down plug them in and they would run backward leading to a credit if left that way to long.

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
New to forum. I live in Texas and never seen storm like this in whole lifetime. Everything has been frozen solid for 10 days but is starting to thaw. I came here because I will probably need input for anticipated problems. We have 2 washes, each with 6 self serve bays and automatic. We have a reliable contract mechanic and a couple of part time attendants. We had an electric meter stolen from back of one in nicer part of town. Electric company replaced and had electric running same day my sister in law reported. Fortunately we aired out lines before this. Anyway, they are older washes we bought in last couple of years and i'm guessing we have a few more problems when we survey tomorrow. I just wanted to introduce myself and saw the crime thread and realized I could at least make a contribution. I just started laughing when she told me the electric meter was stolen- I suspect it's meth related somehow...
We have experienced alot more vandalism and theft attempts lately... Had some idiots trying to get into our vacs with cutting torches... They could see the quarters but couldn't get to them...lol