What's new

Electric cars

mac

Reaction score
I live in south FL where we have been ordered to get out of the state. All roads turn into a slow moving parking lot. Hurricanes you know. So after 3 hours what are the EV going to do? Will be fun to watch.

mac

Reaction score
Will be fun to watch.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I live in south FL where we have been ordered to get out of the state. All roads turn into a slow moving parking lot. Hurricanes you know. So after 3 hours what are the EV going to do? Will be fun to watch.
Geez, I haven't thought about that. That could be quite a mess.

mac

Reaction score
Nobody thought of that.

OurTown

Reaction score
What about up North here when people get stranded on the interstate because it's shut down from the ice? It happens multiple times per year somewhere. People will bring them food and gas so they can stay warm and not starve. As far as I can tell there's no way to charge an EV on the side of the road yet.

washnvac

Reaction score
Here is the bigger issue--all these evs are not paying gas tax. Roads and bridges are literally falling apart in every state, but these owners get a free pass. I would guess we are 20-30 years behind in building needed roads, and now we are going to collect less road funds via gas taxes.

But the idiots in charge do not care. They are more concerned with allowing little boys being able to go to the little girls bathrooms if they so choose. Did I say IDIOTS!

mac

Reaction score
Nobody said the smartest people are in charge of things. It’s going to take a while for things to sort out.

mac

Reaction score
Good replies all. Almost scary that we here are smarter than the people in charge.

Reactions: sjb

OurTown

Reaction score
Good replies all. Almost scary that we here are smarter than the people in charge.

I don't think they are that dumb. It just looks like it because they are doing things that to most people seem stupid. They know exactly what they are doing. What they are is evil. There. I said it. Now I'm on another list.

OurTown

Reaction score

Looks like you guys might find out this week with Ian and having about 95,000 EVs in the state and large gaps between charging stations. Hopefully those EV owners have friends with gas cars that they can hitch a ride with.

Last edited:

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Since a generator was mentioned: I just scouted out a natural gas generator price-wise for my house ... total (with installation) costs were very high. Especially if generator chosen had enough wattage to charge an EV within a reasonable amount of time.

washnshine

Reaction score
Since a generator was mentioned: I just scouted out a natural gas generator price-wise for my house ... total (with installation) costs were very high. Especially if generator chosen had enough wattage to charge an EV within a reasonable amount of time.
I put a 14 Kw Generac standby generator with an automatic transfer switch in my house 12 years ago. Good investment/peace of mind. It was a lot of money then. Can’t imagine what it is now.

Blanco

Reaction score
What about up North here when people get stranded on the interstate because it's shut down from the ice? It happens multiple times per year somewhere. People will bring them food and gas so they can stay warm and not starve. As far as I can tell there's no way to charge an EV on the side of the road yet.
Lets not forget that the batteries in electric vehicles will also drain faster in cold weather climate states.

John J Spokas

Reaction score
Electric cars are a new technology, They are being constantly improoved......... how long did it take us to get off horses from the first production gas cars? Perfection is a long way off but does that mean we should stop trying?

OurTown

Reaction score
Electric cars are a new technology, They are being constantly improoved......... how long did it take us to get off horses from the first production gas cars? Perfection is a long way off but does that mean we should stop trying?

Did they make buying horses illegal before the gas car was perfected?

Etowah